Resource related billing is used for Make-to-order production, external plant maintenance in Service Company and specific services as consulting
In case of consulting company- The total value of the project depends on several factors and are pulled from diverse sources such as
» Number of resources used on the project
» Number of man hours spent
» Expenses incurred during the project
To calculate prices and cost incurred we can use DP91- Dynamic item processor profile functionality on SAP Easy access menu.
Configuration of profile for RRB
IMG-SD-Sales-Sales documents-Customer service-service quotation/RRB-Profiles for RRB/quotation creation (T-code- ODP1).Standard profile is given. It is recommended to copy and change it to your needs.
1) Profile- Name of the profile.
2) Select the profile and double click-For RRB - select Billing and results analysis
Enter desired document type for debit and credit. Tick mark the field- process dynamic item only.
3) Select usage and double click on characteristics-This is the most important part of DIP. You can add your own characteristics. Select relevancy of characteristics, material determination, No summarization, structuring and set ID.
4) Select characteristics and double click source-select the appropriate settings
5) Select source and double click on selection criteria-Select source for each characteristics to speed up data transfer from data base to application server.
6) Go to characteristics folder select characteristics and double click on material determination- select appropriate setting from transfer quantity / and other columns
7) Select material and double click on criteria- Make appropriate setting in set and value for each characteristics
To configure this you need help from FICO and PS consultant as the case may be.
Check the correctness of the profile in ODP2(Menu path-IMG-SD-Sales-Sales documents-customer service-check profile settings
L2 and G2 Sales documents types are used for RRB.
You can define new document types as your requirement by copying above.
-Maintain DIP in appropriate item category (Contract item category) in T-code VOV7.
-Assign item category group and usage in T-code VOV4 as SEIN- relevant for billing and SENI- not relevant for billing.
Transaction flow for RRB is VA41 (Create contract)-CJ01 (Create Project/WBS element)-CJ02 (Release WBS element)-DP91 (Create Billing request)-VF44 (Post revenue recognition) - VF01 (Create Invoice).
Menu path- DP91-SAP Easy access menu-Logistics-SD-Sales-Order-Subsequent function-DP91
VF44- SAP Easy access menu-Logistics-SD-Billing-Revenue recognition- Maintain revenue list.
It is assumed that normal SD configuration is in place. Integration with HR and FICO in place The procedure is explained for professional services without using physical material (i.e. only services).