Downtime Announcement: Please note the SAP Community Wiki will be unavailable due to a system upgrade on Thursday, September 24th between 6 and 7 AM CEST
Steps for Variant Configuration in SD
Some light on Variant Configuration in Detail.
Generally, in SD variant is effectively used for pricing for variant. The following configuration with example will be able to assist you in same regard.
The procedure is as follows:
- Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02
- Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc
- Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)
- Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZBikeclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.
- Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign Zbikclass.
- Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to Extras -> Object Dependencies -> Editor Select Procedure and enter in line 10 - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save
- Now go back go to Extras -> Object Dependencies -> Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)
- Now select Blue- go to Extras -> Object Dependencies -> Editor - Select Procedure and enter in line 10 - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save
- Now go back go to Extras - Object Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)
- Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.
- Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use.