In Sales & Distribution the exchange of information between business partners is supported by texts in master records and documents.
You can define as many text types as required (e. g. sales texts, shipping texts, etc.) that are then determined for a sales document according to the customizing. This is performed with
The texts can be stored in
- customer master records
- material master records
- customer - material info records
- sales documents (header and item level), maintained manually
- and as a standard text
Texts in customer master records are maintained depending on the view. Whenever you are on a screen of the General data, Company code data, Sales area data or Contact persons, you can maintain the associated texts via ‚Extras => Texts'. In the material master record you maintain the texts only for the sales area.
Standard texts are useful, if you want to use texts repeatedly. You can maintain them via ‚Tools => SAPscript => Standard text' (transaction SO10).
In R3 standard not all header and item texts in a sales document are activated for printing on sales forms, because some of them are only meant for internal use (e. g. packing note). Texts that are printed on a sales forms can be defined in customizing using the definition of forms (SD-BF-OC).
Texts in sales documents can be determined from master records (including customer - material info record (transaction VD51)).
Texts in sales documents can be copied (duplicated) from a referenced sales document (created with reference) OR the text can be created as a referenced text linked to the parent document's text.
Standard texts can either be found in sales documents automatically by the system according to the customizing or they can be inserted manually in the SAPsript editor via ‚Insert Text Standard'.
Copied texts can subsequently be changed. If you change texts which are referenced by another document, then of course these changes affect the texts in the subsequent documents. A change to these texts in the subsequent document results in automatic deletion of the reference.
The most important transaction is VOTXN.
- Assign text types (text IDs) to a type of master record or sales document (header and item level).
- Assign a text procedure to a type of master record or sales document (header and item level).
- Assign text types to the text procedures.
- Assign an access sequence to each text type:
- the text object describes where the text should come from
- the text ID is the ID of the text in the source
- There area few more features that you can customize in the access sequence:
- If the text type is partner dependent, you have to maintain the partner function from which the text should come
- Where should the language come from?
- Control modules: fields „Requirement" and „Data" can be used to insert a condition (sort of user exit).
- In transaction VOTXN there exist also a few other features that you can customize, e. g.
- 'Text mandatory'
- 'Display texts during transfer'
- 'Text in overview screen'
Program and tables:
- All texts are determined in Function module RV_TEXT_COPY.
- Interesting Table for runtime is XTHEAD and CATALOG (memory).
- Remember that XTHEAD can be named different in different forms of RV_TEXT_COPY. Fields of interest of XTHEAD are TDOBJECT, TDNAME, TDID, TDSPRAS and TDREFNAME.
- An intersting Table on the database is STXH.