WM Yard Management
This page provides information about the links for most of the FAQs in the area of WM Yard Management. yard management can help a company track the movement of trailers and provide inventory visibility with the receiving and shipping yard. A yard can be a physically enclosed area outside the warehouse where trucks and vehicles are processed, stored, or available for pick up by an external carrier. The yard can also be a virtual space where trucks and vehicles are visible only for planning purposes. In this SAP best practice we show a vehicle being checked into the yard, moved within the yard, scheduled to a dock, loaded with an outbound delivery, and checked out of the yard. These actions are accomplished using a combination of the new yard management transaction, the yard monitor, and mobile yard transactions.
Business Process in Yard Management
- Create Vehicle
- Create Transportation Unit (TU)
- Assign Transportation Unit to Vehicle
- Assign Delivery to Vehicle/TU
- Check in Vehicle
- Create Warehouse Task to Move vehicle from Check point to Parking Lot
- Create Warehouse Task to Move vehicle from Parking Lot to Door
- Create Warehouse Task to unload TU in staging area
- Check out the Vehicle.
The key points for configuration include
Pre-requisite if using HU:
- Maintain packaging material in R/3 and EWM (with material type VERP)
- Maintain Packaging Material Type and HU type in EWM for product (Material) in product data
- Define packaging specification to create HU for product.
Customization for Yard Management includes
- Activate Yard management
- Master data settings for yard
- Define storage type with YARD
- Define check points
- Define section (Optional)
- Define doors
- Assign doors to yard bin
Frequently Asked Questions
Interesting References / Links
Links — There are good articles, information and blogs about Supply Chain Management on SAP and other online websites. Find here a collection of some of the most interesting.