This WIKI page intends to provide information about standard process of issuing stock directly from HU managed storage location in a case where there is no WM involvement.
This WIKI page shows step by step information of the instructions for VL01NO transaction which needs to be performed after choosing a HU in HUMO transaction. It has screenshot used in this example as well as hyperlinks to other forms of HU creation.
HU issue summary
In this case the HU is picked in ERP logistics directly in case where the packing occurs before the delivery takes plac; in this case it occurs on a HU managed storage location. The goods in this case are picked in the same quantity of HU. Even though it is also possible to perform partial pickings from HUM which is called Pick-HU (LH01), it is not covered in this specific article.
The example below was done after having created some HUs of that material and packed in a HUM storage location. So, basically the idea is to create outbound delivery without reference to a sales order and select an available HU from that plant and storage location and post that packed quantity from the stock.
Go to transaction HUMO:
- On Contents tab enter the material, plant and storage location you want to have HU from;
- On "Assignment to Objects" choose Handling units without object reference;
- Hit Execute button or depress F8 key then just take note of HU number you wish to issue;
Go to transaction VL01NO:
- Enter related data on the first screen (remember that shipping point from same plant/storage location from the HU chosen, hit execute button;
- Fill the material also previously chosen along with its quantity, plant and storage location, depress <enter>;
- On the picking tab fill the pick quantity with the total quantity;
- Hit Shit+ F6 button;
- Fill in pack screen the HU you had previously chosen and depress <enter>, after just hit Save button;
- Now that Pack status is completed you have just to go ahead and Hit PGI button, if you go to HUMO after that you can see that HU status is Posted.
The stock is no longer in warehouse, the goods issue process is completed, the HU has PSTD status, the delivery is posted. Hence a material document related to the goods issue created. That HU could be reversed by using the delivery document number in VL09. Notice that document where HU is involved can only be reversed once. Some users complain that STO cannot be reprocessed because HU needs reversal on both inbound and outbound. It is a system restriction and in such case the operation needs to be done in the opposite direction to release the HU for further operations.
SAP Help: Handling Unit
In operations involving HUs there are some relevant information available in the MarketPlace, just look for Notes/KBAs where application area or component is LO-HU* and you can find some information regarding features, restrictions, tips and also bug fixes for several issues across different ERP versions.