This WIKI page intends to provide information about standard process of receiving stock directly into HU managed storage location.
This WIKI page shows step by step information of the instructions for MB1C and VL32N transactions which perform the stock placement of material for HU managed location. It has screenshot used in this example as well as hyperlinks to other forms of HU creation.
HU creation summary
In this case the HU is created in ERP logistics directly in case where the packing occurs before the delivery takes place, in this case it occurs on a HU managed storage location hence the inventory of the HU is not taken place in MM-IV-GF (storage location inventory level)until it is packed. It needs to be done with assistances of two transactions and it is required to have some pre-settings like material package already created and storage location already set as HU managed.
The example below was done after some basic settings on the material and its package material for that plant and storage location.
Go to transaction MB1C:
- Enter movement type 501 and plant/storage location to the HUM location, depress <enter>;
- Enter material and quantity to be received, depress <enter>;
- Save it (notice that rather material document creation system creates a delivery document).Notice that stock still does not present the quantity done in this process (MMBE transaction).
Go to transaction VL32N:
- Enter the delivery document just created from MB1C;
- Go to pack screen and performing packing for the whole quantity in the delivery, then save it;
- Once delivery document status shows packing as completed (along any other necessarry actions completed) you post PGR. Notice that stock now presents the quantity done in this process (MMBE transaction);
If you perform check on the stock placement availability you see that before VL32N Goods Receipt the stock is not received. In HUM location it is only available after delivery goods receipt.
SAP Help: Handling Unit
One of the most reported issues involved HU occurs when more than material posting need to get reversed and it involves HUs, check below a KBA information on the resolution steps about the restriction.
SAP Note 1534664 - HU restrictions when reversing movement for STO deliveries
SAP Note 539525 - Activating HUM in the production system