This WIKI page intends to provide information about standard process of HU (Handling Unit) creation in case the location is a non-HU managed one.
This WIKI page shows step by step information of the instructions for one of the HU02 functionality which performs the packing identification storing a certain quantity of a certain material as an example for non-managed HU location. It has screenshot used in this example as well as hyperlinks to other forms of HU creation.
HU creation summary
In this case the HU is created in ERP logistics directly in case where the packing occurs before the delivery takes place, in this case it occurs on a non-HU managed storage location hence the inventory of the HU is not taken place in MM-IV-GF (storage location inventory level), it would only be part of inventory if storage location is set to HU managed one. It can be done with only one transaction and it is required to have some pre-settings like material package already created.
The example below was done after some basic settings on the material and its package material for that plant and storage location.
Go to transaction HU02:
- Go to tab “Pack material”;
- Enter packaging material on the top section of the screen under the column “Packaging Materials”;
- Press enter and a HU number is automatically generated and can be seen under the “Handling Unit” column;
- On the lower section of the screen, enter the material to be packed, the quantity to be packed, the plant and the storage location. This plant and storage location should be non HU managed;
- To pack the material onto the HU, select the material in the lower section of the screen, select the HU just created in the top section of the screen and click on the pack button (as indicated in the screenshot below);
- Click the <save> button and the HU have been created.
SAP Help: Handling Unit
One of the most reported issues involved HU occurs when more than material posting need to get reversed and it involves HUs, check below a KBA information on the resolution steps about the restriction.
Example: SAP Note 1534664 - HU restrictions when reversing movement for STO deliveries