This process includes the steps after creation of the purchase order: notification, the inbound delivery, subsequent putaway of goods, and the goods receipt posting of the ordered goods.
The following functions are available with the goods receipt process for inbound deliveries:
- Transfer order for inbound delivery: Like the outbound delivery, the inbound delivery is a request for putaway that is sent to the warehouse. You can create a transfer order for putaway from an inbound delivery.
- Batch information: The batch split that is already possible for outbound deliveries is also available for inbound deliveries, since batches are often first identified in the inbound delivery.
- Inventory management of packaging materials
- Goods receipt for inbound deliveries
- Define order confirmation for inbound delivery: You can use this key to configure your settings such that planned inbound deliveries are automatically created through a collective processing run.
- Inbound delivery monitor
- Determination of goods receiving point
- Incompletion log
- Change documents
- Document flow for inbound delivery
DO NOT mix up the GR for inbound
Make absolutely sure that you do not mix up the goods receipt process for inbound delivery.
- You must organize your tasks in such a way that the goods receipt posting is only
executed using one of the two ways described:
Please review the following details from SAP Note 199703
Table of Contents
a) Inbound Creation
1. VL31N, VL34, Idoc DESADV1 (standard cases)
MIGO, MB01, MB11
- with or without reference to a purchase order
- only for HU managed or decentralized storage locations
- inbound deliveries are created automatically (instead of posting GR)- VLMOVE:
- without reference to a purchase order
- not only for HU managed or decentralized storage locations
2. VL31W: creation via Internet
3. SPED Output (from replenishment delivery)
4. VL60: All-in-one transaction
1. Processing VL31N, VL34, Idoc DESADV1 with respect to purchase order (item) if:
- confirmation control key (EKPO-BSTAE) is set
- no deletion or final delivery indicator is set (EKPO-LOEKZ/ELIKZ)
- no return flag is set (EKPO-RETPO)
- purchase order is released and completed (EKKO-FRGRL/MEMORY)
- purchase order can be locked
- document category must be "purchase order" or "scheduling agreement" (EKKO-BSTYP)
Differences Between VL31n and VL34:
1. VL31N: (processing the last inbound delivery in dialogue mode)
- accepts only confirmation control keys with internal category "shipping notification" (T163D-IBTYP)
- authority check is done with object 'M_BEST_'
2. VL34: (mass transaction, processing in background)
- accepts confirmation control key only if automatic flag is set (T163L-AAGEN), but no special internal confirmation category "shipping notification" is needed
- no authority check is done
- Further differences are described in SAP Note 386409 , that especially describes the quantities that are taken over.
Goods Receipt via Inbound Delivery
History and Goods Movement Relevance
Up to release 4.5
Since release 4.5
Processing Goods Receipt:
Inbound delivery as shipping notification (message)
- TVLP-BWART or T163G-WEZUO is not set
- no putaway relevance (or only SD putaway or Lean-WM relevance)
- no relevance for goods receipt
- GR with transaction MIGO/MB01/MB0A (cancelling with MB*)
Inbound delivery reflecting outbound delivery
- TVLP-BWART and T163G-WEZUO are set
- relevance for goods receipt
- GR with transaction VL32N, VL06I (cancelling with VL09)
both processes shall not be mixed up
MIGO can also update document flow of inbound delivery, if SPM (service part management) function is activated.
Please read SAP Note 199703 : Goods receipt for inbound delivery using MB0A, MIGO, VL32
Please read SAP Note 1050944: GR for inbound delivery using inventory mgmt as of ECC 6.00
Inconsistency: Mix up of Both Processes:
Customer has created inbound delivery only as shipping notification, but wants post GR for it.
- Make sure (by little correction report) that LIPS-BWART = '101' (normally) and LIPS-NOWAB is initial.
- Apply correction report for status correction RVDELSTA
Customer has created inbound delivery with own goods movement status, but wants to post (or has posted) with MIGO. Delivery shall be finished in its status (and possibly deleted).
- Apply correction report Z_COMPLETE_INBOUND_DELIVERY.
Please read SAP Note 570991: Correction report for completing open inbound deliveries
Find about Update from Inbound Deliveries
Find about Partial Goods Receipt