Please follow below instructions and points in order to identify the cause for the observed incorrect system behavior of transaction ME59N.
Make sure that your expectation is covered by standard behavior.
Please check whether any custom enhancement is implemented / called which may manipulate the standard logic. Main enhancements which could be influence ME59n processing:
EXIT_SAPLMEKO_001 / EXIT_SAPLMEKO_002 (conditions/pricing)
In case you use custom defined own tabs/fields in the PO, make sure that they are correctly handled and their user exit does not influence the whole transaction’s process. Deactivate the active implementation of any of the above enhancements then test again (commenting out the code of the enhancement is not enough).
Make sure also - according to Note 1803189 - that you use ME59N (Program RM06BB30) instead of ME59 (Program RM06BB20).
The below listed problems do not include system errors, in case you observe incorrect system behavior (such as bugs, unexplainable behavior, dumps) another possible source of the problem could be a missing correction note from the system. Please look for correction notes with keywords like ME59N, RM06BB30 and with the release level of your ERP System. You could also search for notes in connection with ME21N or other PO creation methods, because the error what may block the creation of PO in ME59N could be the same as in other PO creation/changing transactions. You might use Automated Note Search Tool for this (see Note 1818192 for more details).
As result of running of ME59N you may observe the following problem(s):
1. Does the selection find document(s) to convert or does "No suitable purchase requisitions found" message (no. ME 261) appear?
If documents are found, go to Point 2.
If documents are not found, check the following possible causes:
Use (copy its coding from the note's correction instructions, and create it in SE38 transaction, save it and activate it, then run) ZRM06ME59 report from Note 786303 in order to identify the exact cause of the above ME 261 error - this report will tell you what fundamental settings is missing which became the obstacle of the PO creation from the selected PR(s).
Please take into account the following additional help for the received info from report ZRM06ME59, if the report returns with:
- the flag "automatic order" in the material master is not set:
In the entered PR's material's material master, the "Autom. PO" (MARC-KAUTB) needs to be set. In the case of purchase requisitions for services, you should also select the indicator Automatic creation of POs for service PReqs in Customizing for Services by choosing: IMG -> MM -> External Services Management -> Source Determination and Default Values (ML91)
- the flag "automatic order" in the vendor master is not set:
The vendor which would be used in the new PO does not have the "Automatic Purchase Order" (LFM1-KZAUT) indicator set in vendor master. Also make sure that currency is also maintained in vendor master for the corresponding purchasing org and plant level. Note 335079 explains why not enough to have the "automatic order" in the vendor master in alternative data (plant level or vendor subrange (VSR) level.
- service PR, flag "automatic order" for this purchasing organization is not set:
T165E-CONT_PRICE field must have "X" for the corresponding purchase organization if the PR contains any, customizing path: SPRO -> Materials Management -> External Services Management -> Source Determination and Default Values -> for Purchasing Organizations OR (since the more specific has priority)
- service PR, flag "automatic order" for this client is not set:
T165-CONT_PRICE field must have "X" for the system's client, reachable from customizing path: SPRO -> Materials Management -> External Services Management -> Source Determination and Default Values -> for Client
- there is no clear source of supply:
The entered Purchase Requisition does not have source assigned (EBAN-ZUGBA <> X) -> complete the PR manually or assign a source with ME57 or via report.
Additional info: If the material has a profile requesting MPN for PO, then issuing ME 261 message is a standard behavior: Once the MPN is set to required, while there is no MPN number in PR, EBAN-ZUGBA field will be blank, which causes ME 261 in ME59N. If you would like to change the standard logic, then consider using BADI ME_PROCESS_REQ_CUST.
2. The PO is not created due to any error
2.A) Is it a Stock Transfer Order (STO) item?
If not, go to segment 2B.
- "Not possible to determine shipping data" (06 280 or 06 855) error appears:
check the relevant trouble-shooting guide content.
- Purchase requisitions not grouped together into one Stock Transfer Order purchase order:
see note 1973613 - ME59(n) purchase requisitions not grouped together into one Stock-Transfer-Order purchase order
- Error 06 674 appears for STO Purchase Orders:
see note 1779854 - Error 06674 in ME59N for STO Purchase Orders
- Lock / Performance problem / ME 006 / 06 002 errors:
Note 626110 explains why a purchase order can't be created in this situation. In addition, you can no longer create a purchase order in similar situation."Please be aware that, locks on documents are placed as soon as the document number is entered in the ME59N screen. Hence, a lock is placed on the PR, when the system tries to create a PO for the first item of the PR."
- Error occured that no document type could be determined or doc. type not found, even if the BAdi ME_BSART_DET is used or not.
If you observe this symptom please contact SAP Support within an OSS incident to propose the solution.
2.B) Issues not specific for STO
Possible problems and their solution:
- One of the following error stops ME59n processing, or the PO created with unexpected document type:
06 674 - Doc. type & should be used for suppl. plant & and receiving plant &
ME 020 - Item category & not allowed with document type
06 054 - Doc. type/item cat. &/& (requisition) <-> &/& (purch. order)
Check note 114213, which explains the fundamental logic and the determination of document types.
- Due to ME 083 error message the PO could not be created - problems with field selection:
Please take into account that ME59N uses the same field selection keys as ME21N transaction (by default), and if you set a field as required to be filled which cannot be filled with the data transported from PR and/or info record the above message appears. In this case you need to adjust your field selection, or manipulate the program logic to fill these "extra" required fields.
- Even if the customizing seems to be correct, ME083 and/or 06674 and/or ME020 and/or 06054 message(s) appear (because field BSART is deleted during processing):
Note 1856723 was implemented to your system, but note 1920478 not, implement it to avoid the error message.
- 06 076 (Materials of requisition & item & alr. ordered in full) and/or 06 400 (Materials/services for requisition & & already ordered with & &) ERROR message appears:
These messages are customizable, if you want to order more as the PR's quantity, you can set the messages' attribute to Warning ("W") or to Information ("I") at the following path:
Transaction OLME -> Environment Data -> Define Attributes of System Messages
- Error message V1198 if creating PO for PR created by SD
See note 356502
- ME039 - "No direct postings can be made to G/L acct. & in CoCode &" message appear.
See note 1929929 - PO error ME038 with GL account marked for automatic posting
- Cannot creating PO by more than one PR with rounding value calculated.
See note 2050373 - Cannot creating PO by more than one PR with rounding value calculated
- Lock / performance / ME 006 / 06 002 errors
Note 626110 explains why a purchase order can't be created in this situation.
In addition, you can no longer create a purchase order in similar situation." Please be aware that, locks on documents are placed as soon as the document number is entered in the ME59N screen. Hence, a lock is placed on the PR, when the system tries to create a PO for the first item of the PR.
3. PO is created but something unexpected happened / something missing from it / created slowly
3.A) Is it a Stock Transfer Order (STO) item?
If not, go to segment 3B.
- Not the expected doc. type created:
See note 114213’s explanation; see especially the part about stock transfer orders
- No shipping data filled in the PO
Implement note 1840689 - VETVG not created from Stock Transport Order via ME59N, and checkout the troubleshooting guide of 06 280 / 06 855 messages
3.B) Issues not specific for STO:
- One of the following error stops ME59n processing, or the PO created with unexpected document type:
06674 - Doc. type & should be used for suppl. plant & and receiving plant &
ME020 - Item category & not allowed with document type
06054 - Doc. type/item cat. &/& (requisition) <-> &/& (purch. order)
Note 114213 explain the fundamental logic and the determination of document type.
- Change Log and EBAN-ERDAT is not updated when converting a Purchase Requisition into Purchase Order:
This is standard behavior.
- You observe Performance problems
Check note 2008435 - Performance: Log in the output determination
Test again with deactivated custom enhancements.
- The splitting of the new Purchase Order(s) not happened according to the settings entered on the selection screen of ME59n, in “New Purchase Order” subscreen:
Your enhancement or custom code insert might influence the standard functionality.
- Unexpected scale price is used when converting multiple PRs to one PO in T-code ME59N or condition which is set as group condition being used and its behavior not clear:
See note 1952921 - Unexpected scale price is used when converting multiple PRs to one PO in T-code ME59N
- Purchase Requisition(s) can be converted to Purchase Order for multiple times and you do not want this.
The cause and the preventing solution detailed in note 2002986 - Purchase Requisition can be converted to Purchase Order for multiple times
Set PReqs to "Closed" indicator on ME59N selection screen.
- Sort order changed converting PR to PO
See note 1921750 - ME59n Why is sort order changed converting PR to PO? (important notes in the KBA)
- PO's item numbering is not sequential
See note 1758500 - T-code ME59N - PO item numbers are not sequential
- 'Invoice Receipt' (REPOS) indicator manually changed in Purchase Requisition and this change not transferred to Purchase Order
See note 1872221 - T-code ME59N: 'Invoice Receipt' (field REPOS) indicator manually changed in Purchase Requisition is not transferred to Purchase Order
- The output message's dispatching time is 4-send immediately - but the processing it during ME59n may fails (red lamp appear):
To avoid that lock errors during the processing of purchase requisitions via ME59N, we strongly suggest to process the generated messages with requested processing dispatch time "3 - send with application own transaction" instead of "4 - send immediately (when saving the application)". This will avoid the above interference of already created documents in a deterministic manner, and with transaction ME9F or with report RM06ENDR_ALV, you make sure to have those messages processed whenever you like it (in a separate work process / logical unit of work combination, which makes the difference here).
4. Additional info’s related to ME59N
- You cannot enter specific doc. type into T160 table to set it default for Me59(n) transaction.
It is because the system use at ME59(N) according to note 114213, the doc. type which is defaulted for ME21(N)
If you require this, you need to modify the standard program logic by note 114313's coding.
- On ME59N's main selection you want to set some fields as mandatory fields
Since transaction ME59N is not included in the configuration for purchasing the only way to make for example the "plant" field mandatory is by creating SELECTION VARIANTS.
- in SHD0, TRANSACTION VARIANT cannot be created for ME59N
See note 1913213 - SHD0: Transaction Variant cannot be created
- Different behavior between ME59 and ME59n:
- If there is at least one entry in table T161a where t161a-BSTBS = NB (PO doc type) then the PO will be NB type, because the system try to make the PO with the same doc type as the PR. If there are more entries, then it will compare with table T160's default. There is no similar check in ME59, it will simply check T161a table and if there are more entry, then it will compare with T160 default.
- In ME59 BAdi’s are not called.
- According to Note 114213: "purchase order document type determination with Release 4.70 (report RM06BB30, transaction ME59N) has changed from the current logic in the following way: Purchase requisitions with different document types cannot be converted to one purchase order. If the document type of the purchase requisition differs from the document type of the purchase order, the system considers the default document type (for transaction ME21) for the determination. If you choose the selection "Per item category", the system determines the order document type using the table T161A. If there are several allowed document types, the document type that is entered in the first position for the relevant selection in the table T161A has priority."