The purpose of this page is to clarify how the Release Strategy scenario works for the External Service Management scenario, in the Service Entry Sheet.
With release strategy, you can be able to set up a release procedure for Service Entry Sheets. Unlike the process on Purchase Requisition (service and material), the Service Entry Sheets can only be full released, it is not allowed partial approval. You cannot approve the service items individually, you must to approve the whole document.
The Service Entry Sheets use the communication structure CESSR, You can check the details of this structure on transaction SE11, to check what are the relevant fields for the release procedure.
Class & Characteristic
1) First, create a characteristic using transaction CT04, specifying a characteristic name and informing which structure/field will be used. For this example, let's use the field EKGRP (Purchasing Group).
After enter the structure (CESSR) and the field (EKGRP) under tab "Addnl data", the fields Data Type and the Number of Chars will be automatically filled out on "Basic data" tab.
- On tab "Restrictions", enter the Class Type 032, so this characteristic will be restricted only to release strategy.
2) Create a class (using type 032) with transaction CL02, informing the class name, and assigning the characteristic.
- On "Basic data" tab, enter the class description.
- On "Char." Tab, enter the characteristic that will be used.
Customizing the scenario
1) All the scenario is customized on following customizing:
> Transaction SPRO (IMG)
>> Materials Management
>>> External Services Management
>>>> Define Release Procedure for Service Entry Sheet
You can also use transaction OLMSRV, which goes directly to External Services Management customizing.
2) Create the Release Group, assigning the class (in this case, ZEDU_CESSR).
3) Create the release code, for this example, let’s use only one release code.
4) Create the release indicators, for this example let's create only 2 release indicators, the last one should be checked as "Released".
5) Creating the release strategy
- Inform the created release group informing a release strategy code, in this case R1.
- On Release Statuses, inform the created release indicators
6) Now on transaction CL24N, create the classification condition.
- In this case, only the Service Entry Sheet for Purchas Group EDU will be valid for release procedure.
Simulating the customizing
You can use transaction CL30N to simulate the release procedure.
- Enter the Class and the Class type
- The system will show all the available characteristic fields, and you can enter a value to check if it would be subject to a release strategy or not. Enter the characteristic value and click on “Find in initial class”, in case system found out a release strategy, it would be returned, whit its respective release code.
Release strategy service release strategy procedure class characteristic