Table of Contents
Return from customer (return delivery for sales order)
- A return sales order (RE) is created with respect to a sales order or billing document (reason: e.g. damaged goods)
- A return delivery type LR (outbound delivery) is created from the return order.
- Goods Receipt is posted in VL02n by clicking the "Post Goods Issue" button. The return movement types post negative GI, which is equal to GR.
- Posting with WM is possible (interim storage bin 904, quants with stock category 'R' for"return").
- Two alternatives for posting goods receipt:
1. posting in blocked stock returns (651/451)
> cannot be used for posting in special stock
> afterwards posting in unrestricted stock possible (453)
2. Direct posting into valuated storage location stock (653/655/657) (also possible forspecial stock categories‚Q'and‚E')
3. Creation of credit memo
Return to (external) vendor
Return to Vendor (Planned)
The receiving plant (the purchase organization) creates a purchase order to the external vendor with return items (EKPO-RETPO)
There are two alternatives:
- GI of return items with movement type 161, using transaction MB01/MIGO and* post GR for it.
- Creation of a return delivery for the purchase order (delivery type RL) via transaction* *VL10* / VL04. During GI a "negative" GR is done.
For this alternative the following settings are needed:*
- Define a delivery type (RL) in T161V-LFRET.
- Setting LFM1-KZRET ("return with shipping") in the purchasing data of vendor master data and maintaining suitable customer master data for the vendor.
The vendor sends a credit memo for the invoice verification
Vendor return (unplanned):
A purchase order (to external vendor), there are two possibilities for vendor return:
with reference to the PO
with reference to the GR material
creating material document with movement type 122
transaction MB01 / MIGO
possible without delivery (XDELIV unflagged): return posting
possible with return delivery (controlled by flag XDELIV in the initial screen)
Creation of a return delivery (delivery type RLL). If an EKES entry is needed for MD04, make sure that:
Please read SAP Note 491785: Correction report for completing open inbound deliveries
Please read SAP Note 359247: Correction report for completing open inbound deliveries
- Difference between return and cancellation:
> Cancelling is a correction of a business process.
> Return is a continuation (or an initialization) of a business process.
- Mix up "normal" items with return items in one purchase order.
- No batch check is done for return deliveries.
- It is possible to create returns without reference via MB01. While posting, a purchase order with return items can be created automatically in background.
- Planned returns with purchase orders have a return flag in the purchase order items.
- They have neither reference to any original purchase order nor to the original purchase price.
- Unplanned return have a reference to a purchase order.
Plant-to-plant Return / Store Return (Planned)
Process of Plant-to-plant return / store return (planned):
- A stock transport order (STO: UB or NB) ist created with return items (EKPO-RETPO).
- Supplying plant creates a return delivery for the STO (delivery type NLR or NLC).
- Before that (or afterwards) the receiving plant posts a "negative" GR (161) with reference to the STO (not to the return delivery!). This is done with MIGO / MB01.
- MIGO - post GR with reference to the STO. This step is omitted for the one-step case.
- For the return delivery, a "negative" GI is posted (similar as return delivery for sales return) to realize the GR/putaway (671/673/675/677).
- Cross-company case, internal credit memo will be created (in analogy to internal billing).