The warehouse order and the warehouse verification both serve to connect a company's own external system (external software) with Warehouse Management.
The shipping order and the shipping confirmation serve to communicate with a warehousing contractor / service agent. The latter supervises the warehouse and is responsible for the delivery. The contractor also either takes care of the delivery himself/herself or commissions a service agent.
SHPORD/ SHPCON is functionally identical to WHSORD/ WHSCON.
Shipping (LE-SHP) > Printing and Communication in Shipping > Deliver Interface
What WHSCON / SHPCON (inbound) IDoc can do:
1. Picking verification without flow records
This type of verification is used if the delivery items in the central system are set in Customizing as non-picking-relevant. The picked quantities are reported by the subsystem to the central system. There, the delivery quantity is adjusted, if allowed. In the IDoc, the following fields must have data:
- E1EDL19-QUALF = 'QUA'
2. Picking verification with flow records
If, in the central system, the items are set as relevant for picking, the picked quantities can be reported to the central system. However, only the complete, picked quantity of an item can be taken. Multiple reporting with an accumulated figure for the reported quantities is not allowed.
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'PIC'
3. Change delivery.
If you want to change delivery, you can set E1EDL18-QUALF to 'CHG' and update change to delivery item. (e.g. batch, quantity, weight.)
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'CHG'
Characterics of qualifier 'CHG':
- Not every field in E1EDL24 can be updated by this idoc. (e.g. storage location).
- E1EDL18-QUALF 'CHG' cannot be used together with 'PIC'. Once 'PIC' is set, system will work as in scenario 2.
- E1EDL18-QUALF 'CHG' is not designed to update batch split.
4. Verification of batch split items from the subsystem
If batch split items occur in the central system, the original item must not be reported. Instead, the new items are transferred as follows:
- E1EDL24-POSNR = Item number of batch split item (90000*)
- E1EDL24-HIPOS = Item number of main item
- E1EDL19-QUALF = 'BAS'
Characterics of qualifier 'BAS':
- The system does not always carry out a batch split with the qualifier 'BAS'(E1EDL19-QUALF). It carries out a batch split only if:
- Different batches are confirmed or
- The subsegment does not confirm the complete quantity
- When the system create batch split item, system won't use E1EDL24-POSNR as item number of the new created batch split item.
- 'BAS' can be used together with 'PIC' and 'PGI' (E1EDL18-QUALF).
5. Weight and volume verification
It is possible to report back (verify) the gross weight, net weight, and the volume for the entire delivery or for individual items. Using the qualifier in the segments E1EDL18 and E1EDL19, you can control which fields are to be updated in the delivery.
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'GWT'
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'NWT'
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'VOL'
- E1EDL19-QUALF = 'GWT'
- E1EDL19-QUALF = 'NWT'
- E1EDL19-QUALF = 'VOL'
6. Post delivery goods issue
For the goods issue posting, the following additional field must exist.
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'PGI'
7. Delete delivery
You can delete a delivery in the subsystem if the following fields are transmitted:
- E1EDL18-QUALF = 'DEL'
8. Packing verification (only for creating handling units)
When you report back (verify) handling units, the (external) identification and the packaging material must always be transmitted.
If a non-assigned handling unit is to be created, no contents data (items) must be transmitted. If a delivery is packed, the item number and the packed quantity must be transmitted (use the quantity unit of the delivery item). If you have a batch split, use the actual (external) item number.
If a handling unit in another handling unit is to be verified (multi-step packing), you must specify the (external) identification of the lower-level handling unit.
This IDoc can only create new HUs. It's not allowed to re-assign existing HU to the delivery.