To help determine why the release strategy in not triggered in Purchasing Document. Provide system checks to help determined why the release strategy is not called.
Check the following:
- Go into transaction CL30(N) and enter the values of the document and click on the button ‘find in initial class’. If you do not get a result, check the customizing if there is a release strategy which matches the values of the document.
- If you get exactly one result, it is an indicator that the customizing was defined correctly. Then check:
- Is there a userexit activated (see note 365604 for the user exit name)? If yes, check if it contains the magic line (for purchase requisition: ‘E_CEBAN = I_CEBAN’, for purchase order ‘E_CEKKO = I_CEKKO’).
- For purchase requisition, the overall release flag has to match the one defined in transaction OMEB for the document type.
- If there is no release strategy determined after the implementation of a support package and you use a userexit, ask the customer to check note 435150.
- Check in the customizing if the characteristics were entered in the internal format (e.g. the cost center must have 10 characters with leading zeros), see also note 365604, point 2b).
- In case the item category is used as a characteristic, check that the customer uses the internal format defined in OMH4
Related notes / content:
365604 FAQ: Release strategies in purchasing
435150 User exit deactivated after importing R/3 Support Packages