Models are a graphical explanation of the service objects used to implement an enterprise service business process.
The models show the relationships between process components, service interfaces, enterprise services, and business objects. Further, these models allow you to drill down into the model. The models help enable model-driven development.
How To Read A Model
The Models are hierarchical and color coded visual. Each color represents one of the following:
- The orange or light yellow box represents a process component
- The blue box represents an enterprise service interface
- The yellow box represents a business object
- The white box represents an enterprise service operation
Additionally, you may encounter dark green and grey boxes.
- The dark green box represents a process component that exists inside the company
- The grey box represents a process component that is outside the company
The shapes and colors may change as the ES Workplace evolves over time.