Flex is an applicaton development platform to build Rich internet applications (RIAs)
- Local file system access
- Integrated Web browser
- Embedded SQLite database - (occasionally conected to the Internet)
- ActionScript 3 - scripting language
- MXML - markup language
- Component framework
- Flex SDK - set of user interface components (free and open source)
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Flex Builder - code editor, compiler, debugger and application profiler
- Flash Player
- Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR)
- Adobe Flex is a free open source framework for creating Rich Internet Applications (RIA).
- Adobe Flex is a cross platform, it deploy consistently on all major browsers and operating systems.
- Adobe Flex is a highly productive framework for building and maintaining expressive web applications.
- Adobe Flex applications can now also be run on desktops with Adobe AIR.