How do I download and install local Help content?
To download and install the Help content:
- At the top of this page, click the Download button and save the .zip file to your local computer.
- Extract the two Help files (an .msha file and an .mshc file) from the .zip file.
- Open the SAP Business ByDesign studio with administrator privileges by doing the following:
- Click the Start button and in the programs list, find SAP Business ByDesign Studio FP3.5.
- Right-click SAP Business ByDesign Studio FP3.5 and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, on the Compatibility tab, select Run program as an administrator.
- Open the studio as normal. You do not need to log on to the repository to install the Help.
- In the SAP Business ByDesign studio, from the Help menu, click Manage Help Settings. The Help Library Manager (HLM) opens. The first time you launch HLM, you will be prompted to set the location where local content will be installed. By default, a path is entered in this field. You should not need to change the path. However, make sure that it is a location on your C: drive.
- Click the Settings link and select local help as your help preference.
- Install the documentation for the studio by doing the following:
- In the Help Library Manager, click Install content from disk.
- Navigate to the directory that contains the content setup file (HelpContentSetup.msha).
- Select the file and then click OK.
- Select the content to install by clicking Add next to the content title (SAP Business ByDesign Studio) and then click Update at the bottom of the screen.
When the Security Alert appears, click Yes to proceed and then click Finish.
If you have already installed an earlier version of the Help content, you have to remove it before installing a new version.
How do I remove local Help content?
Before you install a new version of the SAP Business ByDesign Studio Help, remove the earlier version by doing the following:
- In the studio, from the Help menu, click Manage Help Settings. The Help Library Manager (HLM) opens.
- Click Remove Content.
- In the Remove Content window, next to the SAP Business ByDesign Studio entry, click Remove and then click the Remove button.
Install the current version of the Help as described under To download and install the Help file.
How do I view Help content?
- To access the installed Help from the SAP Business ByDesign studio, from the Help menu, click View Help.
- If Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 is installed on your computer, the documentation opens in your default Web browser.
If Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SP1 is installed on your computer, the documentation opens in Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1, which is a standalone help viewer.
Microsoft Help Viewer documentation is installed by default. F1 context-sensitive help is mentioned in this documentation but is not supported by the Help content for SAP Business ByDesign Studio Feature Pack 3.5.
- To access the installed help without opening the SAP Business ByDesign studio, paste this path into "Start > Run":
- In the SAP Business ByDesign studio, if you select Help -> SAP Business ByDesign Studio Help -> Scalable Solutions or Customer-Specific Solutions, the documentation opens in your Web browser and is displayed using the content player that is used to display the standard SAP Business ByDesign documentation. There is no search function in the content player.
How can I search for topics?
Microsoft Help Viewer supports full-text search. You can combine the following Boolean operators: AND, OR, and NOT. You can also use a wildcard character in searches by specifying an asterisk ( *) in your search terms.
What is the difference between Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 and 1.1 and what is H3Viewer?
- Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0... ... is installed with the isolated shell and with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 editions. It displays the documentation in your default browser. So really, the viewer is your Web browser, for example, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.
- Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1... ... is installed with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SP 1. Microsoft Help Viewer 1.1 is a standalone Help Viewer. If Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 is installed on your computer and you then install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010, SP 1, Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 is removed from your computer.
- H3Viewer... ...is a third-party tool developed by The Helpware Group that you can install and use instead of the Microsoft Help Viewer. The advantage of using H3Viewer is that it displays the full structure (TOC), whereas Microsoft Help Viewer 1.0 does not display the TOC. If you install H3Viewer, you can still use Microsoft Help Viewer. Download H3Viewer (MSDN)