Author: Santhosh Raj
Company: Enteg Infotech Pvt Ltd
E-CATT stands for Extended Computer Aided Testing Tool used to create & execute functional tests for SAP Applications. E-CATT configurations enables to setup a system as a testing landscape in implementations. The below article covers the major steps involved in the initial settings / configurations of eCATT Test system.
- E-CATT is the supersede of CATT Tool
- Used to create and execute functional tests for SAP applications
- Automates testing of SAP business processes & generates a detailed log that documents the test process and results.
- eCATT can test target systems of Release 4.6C or higher, but runs only on the Web Application Server Release 6.20 or higher.
Configurations to set up SAP Systems to use eCATT
- Go to transaction SM31
- Enter table T000 and choose Maintain. You will be warned that the table is client-independent - ignore this warning
- Double-click the relevant client in the list.
- Under Restrictions, choose a setting that allows CATT/eCATT in that client.
- For 'Cross-Client Object Changes' one of the settings are required:
Changes to Repository and cross-client Customizing allowed
No changes to cross-client Customizing objects.
- For 'Changes and Transports for Client-Specific Objects' one of the two settings are required in case of customizing changes by eCATT:
Changes without automatic recording.
Changes w/o automatic recording, no transports allowed
- Install the latest 620 or newer SAP GUI for Windows (with the SAP GUI Scripting component) on machines using external tools or using the SAPGUI command.
- Enable scripting, in transaction RZ11 set sapgui/user_scripting to TRUE.
For testing WebDynPro Applications (Java), the following pre requisites should be considered.
- Create User ECATT_HTTP in the eCATT System (SAP System)
- Activate the Service ecatt_recorder in the eCATT System
- Activate the Service ecattping in the Target Systems
- For activating eCATT for Web Dynpro (Java) applications, the below settings are to be in done.
In the Visual Administrator, choose Server ® Services ® Deploy. On the Runtime tab, select Application. Select ecattping & choose Start Application.
Go to the initial screen by one of the following:
Choose SAP menu ® Test ® Test Workbench ® CATT ® Extended CATT.
Use transaction code SECATT. The initial screen of eCATT system looks like below.
- System Data Containers(SDC)
- Test Scripts(TS)
- Test Data container(TDC)
- Test Configurations(TC)
- Create SDC
- Assign Target to SDC
- Develop TS >> Run scenario
- Assign SDC to TS
- Execute TS
- Create Test Data
- Import parameters from TS to TDC
- Create TC
- Assign SDC, TS & TDC to TC
- Execute TC
The flow diagram of the same is given below:
For working on eCATT refer the below link