(Tiny Link: https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/cr8)
ITSmobile is a SAP technology to connect mobile devices to a SAP system in order to run applications based on the widely used Dynpro programming model.
ITSmobile replaces the Web SAPConsole which will be phased out with SAP Netweaver 7.01. It is available for SAP systems based on SAP Netweaver 2004, SAP Netweaver 7.0, SAP Netweaver 7.10 and higher. ITSmobile is an integrated part of SAP Netweaver and based on ITS.
Generate and Modify Templates
Do you want to run a dynpro-based application on a mobile device? And even make manual adjustments to fulfill your own special requirements? No problem - using the ITSmobile it only takes you three steps:
- You first need to create an 'Internet Service' by generating the relevant templates. This whole procedure takes place in transaction SE80 where different ITSmobile generation styles are offered. The recommendation is to use STYLE: MOBILE4. Review the following page which explains the three ITS Services required to use the different ITSmobile generation styles: Getting to know ITSmobile by Checking out the Internet Services.
Once you have successfully completed the generation of the ITSmobile templates you then need to create an ICF service. This is the second step by using transaction SICF. The ICF service that is created here will link your ITSmobile service using the parameter ~SOURCES
. Now you can display your Internet Service in a browser - on a desktop browser or on a mobile device browser.
- If more functionality is required e.g. F-Keys or you do not like the standard design, take the third step. Make manual adjustments to the templates in the transaction SE80, or include a new CSS file with your own design. See also the sample video in KBA 2242078 - ITSmobile: How to create a sample service [VIDEO].
Another option for making adjustments to the templates is to the follow the steps on the ITSmobile Visual Editor WIKI page.
If you make any subsequent changes in SE80 to the templates, CSS files or MIME's - then the ITSMobile service needs to be republished.
If you have applied ITSmobile related SAP Notes via transaction SNOTE it is important to regenerate the ITSmobile templates.
- Republish the various ITSmobile generation services in SE80 i.e ( ITSGENMOBILE, ITSGENMOBILE4, ITSGENMOBILEXV and ITSGENMOBXML or run report SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT in transaction SE38 which will publish ALL the ITS based services)
- Then run the report: SIAC_REGENERATE_TEMPLATES in SE38. This will regenerate the ITSmobile templates.
- Finally republish the newly generated ITSmobile service templates. Do this in SE80 (or run report SIAC_PUBLISH_ALL_INT in SE38 which will publish ALL the ITS based services)
See also SAP notes
ITSmobile supports data input via 1D and 2D barcode scanning.
SAP Note 1311169 - ITSmobile: Barcode scanner AutoEnter has information on the AutoEnter feature.
Voice Enabling (pick by voice)
ITSmobile supports voice enabling of ABAP/Dynpro based screens using the "Speech" property to send additional, speech related data, to the frontend/Browser. Together with the new ITS XV Template generator(ITSGENMOBILEXV), which generates XHTML+Voice based templates, it is possible to add speech in/output to your application. Voice enabled browsers, like Opera, will do the rest of the job.
RFID (Radio-frequency identification)
ITSmobile on the SAP help portal
ITSmobile on BIS.Techdev (internal only)
Only general ITSmobile notes are listed here; find further related SAP notes using search key "ITSmobile" in CSS.
2063269 - - Classification of correct investigation area for SAP incidents involving RF dev
You have questions regarding ITS? Please check out the frequently asked questions (FAQ).
ITSmobile Troubleshooting Guide WIKI: ITSmobile issues
Please discuss ITSmobile topics and issues in the SCN Forum Internet Transaction Server (ITS).