The following are answers to questions frequently asked about using ITS-rendered flavors with SAP Fiori launchpad.
Why does my SAP Screen Personas flavor look different in SAP Fiori launchpad versus when it is rendered in standalone SAP GUI for HTML?
SAP Screen Personas: /sap/bc/personas (A customized copy of /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui)
- SAP GUI for HTML: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui (Used by SAP Fiori launchpad)
- Go to SICF transaction
- Look up /sap/bc/personas node
- Click on the GUI Configuration button under the Service Data tab
- Note the GUI Config parameters for /sap/bc/personas service
- Look up the /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui ICF node and check the GUI configuration
- Add missing parameters from /sap/bc/personas to /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui
- Check to see if the flavor renders the same in both cases
Alternatively, you can add the missing GUI parameters to your SAP Fiori launchpad target mapping configuration.
Why is the sap_corbu theme activated when I open an SAP Screen Personas flavor in SAP Fiori launchpad?
The SAP Fiori launchpad passes the active theme setting from the appearance configuration to SAP GUI for HTML as an sap-theme URL parameter. In the event that the theme is not supported or available, SAP GUI for HTML will default to the standard theme. The standard theme for NetWeaver 7.40 SAP GUI for HTML is sap_corbu.
To solve the issue, make sure that the SAP Fiori launchpad active theme is supported or enabled by SAP GUI for HTML.
Can I use the SAP Screen Personas barcode scanner script in the SAP Fiori mobile client?
No. SAP GUI for HTML Launchpad integration leverages an inline frame that does not support the Cordova plugins required for the barcode scanner script to access the device’s camera.
Please use Slipstream Engine to execute barcode scanner scripts in SAP Fiori launchpad.