The following are answers to questions frequently asked about using Slipstream Engine-rendered flavors with SAP Fiori launchpad.
How can I pre-fill screen field values using the ~transaction parameter when using Slipstream Engine with SAP Fiori launchpad?
It is possible to pre-fill Dynpro application fields using the ~transaction parameter. Parameter values can be set globally under the Slipstream Engine's target mapping configuration or for individual tiles. To construct values for the parameter, follow the instructions in this guide.
- transaction=*SU01 SUID_ST_BNAME-BNAME=TEST;DYNP_OKCODE=/7 becomes transaction=*SU01 SUID_ST_BNAME-BNAME%3DTEST;DYNP_OKCODE%3D/7
Why is a blank page displayed when opening a flavor from an SAP Fiori launchpad tile?
If you have SAP kernel release 753 installed on the ABAP back-end system, ensure that the external ICF alias exists and is used to access the Launchpad instance. See here for more information: Additional Configuration Steps for Customers with SAP Kernel 753 Installed on the ABAP Back-End System
Check the Web Dispatcher configuration to ensure that it is enabled and used to access the SAP Fiori launchpad instance according to the following documentation:
Ensure that the ABAP front-end and back-end systems are reachable.
Is the external alias containing the /mainapp/ClientBin/ subpath required to use Slipstream Engine with SAP Fiori launchpad?
An external ICF alias containing /mainapp/ClientBin/ should only be used if the SAP ABAP back-end system has the SAP kernel release 753 installed. See the following article for more details: Additional Configuration Steps for Customers with SAP Kernel 753 Installed on the ABAP Back-End System
Why doesn’t the SAP Screen Personas script for scanning barcodes work when accessing Slipstream Engine from SAP Fiori launchpad through the SAP Fiori mobile client application?
Make sure that you are using the recommended SAPUI5 application type to integrate the Slipstream Engine in Launchpad. The URL integration scenario does not support the Cordova features of SAP Fiori mobile client that are required to use barcode scanning functionality. See the following article for more information: Configuring SAP Fiori Launchpad for Use with Slipstream Engine
Ensure that camera access is enabled for the SAP Fiori mobile client application.
SAP Fiori mobile client only enables access to barcode scanning functionality if the Slipstream Engine component URL has the same host and port as the configured Fiori client URL. Check the following article for more details: SAP Fiori Client Guide
What SAP theme is recommended for Slipstream Engine when used with an SAP Fiori launchpad?
For best results, use the SAP Belize theme.
Does Slipstream Engine support SAP Fiori launchpad accessibility themes, such as High Contrast?
Slipstream Engine currently does not support accessibility themes.
Is it possible to open a Slipstream Engine application in full screen without letterboxing the content?
Full screen can be enable using parameter sap-se-flp-fullWidth with value X.
Prerequisites: SP10 or SP9 with up to-date sources. SAPUI5 version 1.48.x or higher. Navigation plug-in must be enabled.
Why does my SAP Screen Personas flavor rendered in Slipstream Engine look different in SAP Fiori launchpad when compared to standalone Slipstream Engine?
- Check that the SAP Belize theme is selected under the SAP Fiori launchpad appearance settings. Other themes are currently not supported.
- Slipstream Engine screens in SAP Fiori launchpad are letterboxed (unless the above mentioned parameter is used).
- There may be minor rendering differences for different SAPUI5 versions. SAP Fiori launchpad uses the SAP_UI component installation on the SAP ABAP Front-end (Gateway). To check the SAPUI5 version installed on your Gateway, go to: https://<your host>:<your port>/sap/public/bc/ui5_ui5/index.html. For best results, we recommend using SAPUI5 version 1.48. or higher.
- The Slipstream Engine title bar is hidden when embedded in SAP Fiori launchpad by the sap-se-hide-titlebar=X target mapping parameter, as the Launchpad title bar should be used for the navigation.
- Dynpro application back button functionality and title bar mapping between Slipstream Engine screens and the SAP Fiori launchpad header can be enabled by setting up the SE Launchpad Shell plugin. See here: Creating the Slipstream Engine SAP Fiori Launchpad Plug-In
- The OK Code (command) field is not available in the Launchpad header. If required, you can create an SAP Screen Personas Flavor to move the OK Code control from the native Slipstream Engine title bar to the user area or use SAP Screen Personas scripts to enter transaction codes in the OK Code field.
Do I need to install the SAP Screen Personas add-on on the Gateway system to use Slipstream Engine in a hub deployment for SAP Fiori launchpad?
If for some reason the Personas add-on installation on the Gateway is not feasible, update the SAP Web Dispatcher configuration to forward /sap/bc/se/m requests to the target ABAP Back-end system. In such a configuration, the static Slipstream Engine resources, along with the screen state, will be retrieved from the back-end system.
Is SAP Web Dispatcher set up mandatory when using Slipstream Engine in a hub setup?
Yes. Slipstream Engine does not leverage the OData channels between the Gateway and the back-end systems. Therefore, it is mandatory to use SAP Web Dispatcher to integrate Slipstream Engine with the SAP Fiori launchpad hub deployment using the recommended SAPUI5 application type.
Even for Slipstream Engine URL application type integration (which is not recommended), SAP Web Dispatcher (or any other reverse proxy) may be required to ensure that Slipstream Engine runs in the same domain as SAP Fiori launchpad to comply with the Slipstream Engine cross domain policy. See SAP Note 2640258 for more details.
Why am I getting a "Slipstream Engine is Deactivated" message when opening a Slipstream Engine tile?
Most likely you are using the URL app type to integrate Slipstream Engine into SAP Fiori launchpad.
The URL app type uses an inline frame to render the embedded web application, but this is only possible in Slipstream Engine if the parent application window origin is the same due to a cross domain policy. See SAP Note 2640258 for more details.
Please follow the online guide on how to embed SE using the recommended SAPUI5 app type: Using SAP Fiori Launchpad with Slipstream Engine. This will ensure the best possible integration experience.
As an alternative, it is possible to use SAP Web Dispatcher (or any other reverse proxy) to make sure that Slipstream Engine runs in the same domain like the SAP Fiori launchpad.
I use an SAP_UI component version below the minimum required 7.51 on the Gateway system. Is it still possible to integrate Slipstream Engine with SAP Fiori launchpad?
It is still possible to integrate SE using the URL application type.
Please note that URL app type uses an inline frame to render the embedded web application. Due to a cross domain policy, this only works with Slipstream Engine if the parent application window origin is the same. See SAP Note 2640258 for more details.
Please check the following for more information: Using SAP Fiori Launchpad with Slipstream Engine
As advised by a support engineer, I’ve implemented the latest SAP Screen Personas 3.0 client sources note update, but the initial issue is still reproducible in SAP Fiori launchpad. What should I do?
- Make sure that the client update is fully implemented on the Gateway system used to host the static Slipstream Engine client application assets. Verify the status of the note in the Personas admin transaction:
Select Health Check
Check the Notes status
Ensure that the Slipstream Engine SAP Fiori launchpad shell plugin is enabled. This is required for the cache management system of SAP Fiori launchpad, as it includes Cache Buster features that need the plugin. See here for more information: Creating the Slipstream Engine SAP Fiori Launchpad Plugin
- Clear the SAP Screen Personas MIME cache in your Gateway system:
Select Health Check
From the menu, select Health Check > Cleanup > Clear MIME Cache
- Invalidate the SAP Fiori launchpad client caches in your Gateway system:
Start transaction SE38
Execute report /UI2/INVALIDATE_GLOBAL_CACHES
Clear the client browser/SAP Fiori mobile caches