This section provides general troubleshooting steps in the corresponding order for the case Machine Integration application is unable to successfully send requests to SAP ME.
For ease of use in viewing an SAP Note, right click on the Note link and select Open in new window or Open in new tab.
Check if the client application utilizes a custom web service developed via the SDK
If yes, contact the developer/partner of the custom web service for assistance. If assistance is unavailable, you may try to web services using SOAP UI as it is described in Sending a PAPI Web Service Request section of Web Services Guide.
Check the client application log
Obtain the Client Application Log
- Client Application is PCo 2.1 or 2.2.
- Client Application is a Legacy VI client.
- Client Application is not listed or custom.
Correct the errors
Correct the errors as per the following classification:
- An error that includes the text "[stage:some message] (Message [stage:some number])"
This is an SAP ME business rule violation/exception, which occurs due to contraints that are imposed on a particular request. Such constraints may be that an SFC is not at the correct operation (as determined by the Routing), SFC is not in-queue at an operator or any number of reasons. These type of errors are not to be considered communication failures. To correct it refer to SAP ME Documentation .
- An error that includes the text "Request failed: Exception [stage:Exception details]"
This is likely the result of an integration/script error and is a PCo exception. See Using PCo Logs for more details, also check Classification and Correction of SAP ME Machine Integration Non-Business Exceptions.
- An error that includes the text "Error:System.TimeoutException: [stage:Exception details]"
This is a non-business exception. See Classification and Correction of SAP ME Machine Integration Non-Business Exceptions for more details.
- If an error that does not match any of the above types, check Using PCo Logs and Troubleshooting PCo Common Integration Errors.
Test the integration
After correcting the problem that resulted in error, re-test the request using the following:
- If the application is PCo, see Starting and Stopping an Agent Instance.
- If the application is Legacy VI, see Using VI Management Console for Debugging.
- If the application is custom, contact the partner or service representative for details or try to to re-test using SOAP UI as it is described in Sending a PAPI Web Service Request section of Web Services Guide.
Starting and Stopping an Agent Instance
Public API (PAPI) Web Services Guide
Logging in the ICM and Web Dispatcher
Using PCo Logs
Classification and Correction of SAP ME Machine Integration Non-Business Exceptions
Troubleshooting PCo Common Integration Errors
SAP ME Documentation