Database Studio 7.9 on SWDC
Database Studio 7.9 on SCN
Working with database analyzer charts is also described in expert session on maxdb.sap.com/training.
- Session 2: Basic Administration with Database Studio -> News 2016
- Session 22: SAP MaxDB Database Analyzer / Charts -> Charts
Version Database Studio 7.9.09.02 has the following new feature:
- Manual log backup is made possible although automatic log backup is enabled.
Prerequisite: database versions 7.9.08.41, 7.9.09.02 and newer.
Version Database Studio 7.9.09.01 has the following corrections and features:
- Log backup sequence while recovery corrected:
While recovery now Database Studio takes care of the right log backup sequence in cases where the log backup entries in the backup history have been written before the entry of the data backup where they belong to.
- Installation on Linux x86/64, executable flag on bin directory of sapjvm binaries corrected (Database Studio on Linux x86/64 only):
During installation of Database Studio 7.9.09.01 which installs the sapjvm runtime library now the executable flag is set correctly in directory /sapdb/clients/DatabaseStudio/sapjvm/sapjvm_8_jre/bin. Without the executable flag Database Studio 7.9.09.00 did not start.
- Percentage values between 95% and 100% corrected in some displays:
The percentage values are not shown properly in the area 95% to 100%.
- "Merge via Metric Template" now with corrected chart titles:
In the explorer tree if comparing two date folders by the context function "Merge via Metric Template" it could happen that the dates in the chart title are not correct.
Now the dates in the chart title are corrected.
- Delete Database background/foreground switch corrected:
Delete Database in background can be brought again to the foreground by clicking on the Delete Database line in Running state.
- Session specific vtrace now supported:
Creating a session specific vtrace is now possible.
- Installation of Database Studio:
The following error message will not occur anymore.
ERR: Cannot open "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers\etc\services" to write: No such file or directory
ERR: Cannot open "<SystemDirectory>\drivers\etc\services" to write: No such file or directory
- Improved Hot Standby (with shared log area) support:
Now Database Studio fully supports the Hot Standby (with shared log area) functionality of MaxDB.
- configure / enable / disable a hotstandby system
- add / delete hotstandby nodes.
- Functionality "Mark productive":
It is possible to mark individual databases as "productive" to emphasize visually the productive role of the system.
In the explorer view select the database you want to be marked and choose the properties function.
Select Database Environment and mark the check box Database is a productive database.
As result the database icon in the explorer is presented in orange and all administration windows appear with a colored header.
To change the color of the header for productive databases select in the preferences window -> Database Studio -> Editors -> Push the button Color for productive Databases and select another color.
- "Restore connection state of database on startup" not set per default:
In the preference window the option Restore connection state of databases on startup is not set per default anymore. As consequence in case some database are not reachable because of network problems Database Studio will not block anymore waiting for the network.
- Change of meaning of Yes/No on import landscape function:
When importing the a landscape file into Database Studio, now the meaning of the answer Yes/No works like yes: "do the merge", no: "ignore the import".
- Enhanced database parameter wizard - activation of parameter evaluation of dependencies:
The database parameter wizard offers now the possibility to reset a user modified parameter to its default value. Additionally the parameter is reactivated regarding the calculation of other depending parameter values, according to the formulas specified in the parameter configuration file.
- Clipboard restriction when copying knlMsg files is now set to 10 000 KB instead of 100 000 Bytes.