After installing SAP MaxDB, you can immediately start using the software using the command line tools that are part of the software packages. If you prefer using a GUI tool for database administration, we recommend that you install Database Studio.
- Use SAP MaxDB Community and SAP community entries with tag SAP MaxDB to get all SAP MaxDB information.
- Best practices for SAP are described in blogs SAP MaxDB / SAP liveCache.
- The SAP MaxDB documentation contains information about managing SAP MaxDB databases, using the Database Studio administration tool, developing database applications using the SAP MaxDB interfaces, and much more (see also information in SAP note 767598).
- The SAP MaxDB wiki provides troubleshooting information, including a large FAQ section.
- On page SAP MaxDB - The SAP Database you find documentation, training and problem tracking system information.
- The SAP MaxDB download area for non-SAP customers is available via the SAP Store (SAP MaxDB - Community Edition) and for SAP customers via the SAP Software Download Center (SWDC, see note 1672252). On page SAP MaxDB Installation and Upgrade Guides you find installation and upgrade information
- The available SAP MaxDB trainings are listed in SAP MaxDB Education.