This section provides information how to create a Database Model diagram of the existing MaxDB database in Microsoft Visio Professional 2007.
Prerequisites: You have installed MaxDB ODBC Windows driver and created a Data Source.
- To create a new database model diagram file and present the database modeling tools,
choose File ➪ New ➪ Software and Database ➪ Database Model Diagram.
- Choose Database ➪ Options ➪ Drivers and select ODBC Generic driver.
- In order to associate MaxDB ODBC driver and MaxDB data source with ODBC Generic driver, click Setup and do the following:
- Select the check box for the MaxDB ODBC driver you want to use.
- In the Default data source combo box, select the data source that points to your database.
- Click OK when you are done.
- Start Reverse Engineer Wizard: choose Database ➪ Reverse Engineer.
- On the first Reverse Engineer Wizard screen select the ODBC Generic driver and data source, then click Next.
- In the Connect Data Source dialog box type SAP database user name (SAP<SID>DB) and password to access the database. Click Ok. Attention: Password should be CAPITALIZED or you have got a error message "Invalid authorization specification:-4008 POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination".
- In the Select Object Types to Reverse Engineer screen clear the check boxes for any objects you do not want to extract from the database. Click Next.
- On the next page of the Reverse Engineer Wizard, select the check boxes for the tables you want to extract. Click Next to continue.
- To automatically create a diagram of the reverse-engineered database, on the next screen select Yes, Add The Shapes To The Current Page option and click
- On the last page of the wizard, you can review the options you have selected. To change any selections, click Back. To extract the information shown, click Finish.