Simple guide on how to create and edit holiday calendar and factory calendar.
Link to Content's target Space :
This tutorial describes the process of creating and adding a new holiday to holiday and factory calendar.
SAP calendar master consists of three separate sub-objects which are inter-linked to each other:
Public Holidays, Holiday Calendar and Factory Calendar.
Public holidays :
Public holidays can be defined and be combined into holiday calendars.
Public holidays describe the statutory holidays for a particular country or region within a country.
Types of Public holidays:
- Fixed date
- Fixed day of week from a specific date
- Specific number of days before or after Easter (Sunday)
- Easter Sunday
- Moveable holiday (with individual specification of dates during each specified year).
For holidays with fixed date (such as Christmas) and moveable holidays it is possible to specify simple rules guaranteeing the holiday if it falls on certain days of the week (Thu, Fri, Sun, Sat/Sun). For instance, Christmas day public holiday may be moved to the next working day if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday.
Holiday calendar :
Holiday calendar is assigned to each factory calendar.
Factory calendar contain company specific dates such as alternate working Saturdays and holidays.
IMG SPRO -> Time Management -> Work Schedules
Step 1: Create Public Holidays
- Select the radio button Public holidays.
- Click Change button .
- On Change Public Holidays: Overview screen click Create button .
- A pop up window appear to select the Type of Public Holiday.
Type of Public Holidays
- with fixed date: This public holiday falls on the same date every year (e.g. Christmas Day).
- Enter the Public Holiday Definition.
- Day (e.g. 25)
- Month (e.g. 12)
- Guaranteed : specify whether the public holiday should be moved or not if it falls on a weekend.
- Not Guaranteed: Indicates that the public holiday should not be moved if it falls on a weekend.
- Thursday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday/Sunday: If the public holiday is to be "guaranteed", i.e., should be a day off in any case, you have to specify the workday to which the public holiday should be moved.
- Enter the Public Holiday Attributes:
- Sort Criterion: use this to display logically related holidays in a block, e.g. all holidays for a country.
- Religious Denomination: (e.g. Christianity).
- Public Holiday Class: this specifies the holiday type. It can be used to determine the groups of holidays and normal days. (e.g. '1' is ordinary public holiday).
- Give Long/Short Holiday Names.
- Click Create icon .
- Enter the Public Holiday Definition.
- Floating Public Holiday: This public holiday is not fixed. It must be defined explicitly each year. (e.g. Vesak Full Moon Poya Day).
- Enter the Public Holiday into relevant boxes: Year/Month/Day (e.g. 2012, 05, 05).
- Enter the Public Holiday Attributes and click Insert Date icon.
Step 2: Create Holiday Calendar
Insert public holidays in holiday calendar. Insert public holidays in holiday calendar.
- Select the radio button "Holiday Calendar".
- On Change Public Holiday Calendar: Overview screen click Create button .
- Enter the Calendar ID and the Name of the calendar.
- Enter the validity of the calendar.
- Click on the Assign Holiday button to assign the holiday.
From the Insert Public Holidays into Holiday Calendar screen, search for the respective calendar and select the holidays you want to allow.
Click on the Assign publ.holiday Button.
The public holiday gets added; click on save button to save the holiday calendar.
Acknowledge all the messages.
- From the Insert Public Holidays into Holiday Calendar screen, search for the respective calendar and select the holidays you want to allow.
- Click on the Assign publ.holiday Button.
- The public holiday gets added; click on save button to save the holiday calendar.
- Acknowledge all the messages.
Step 3: Define the Factory Calendar
- Select the working days and assign a holiday calendar to factory calendar.
- Select the radio button "Factory Calendar".
- Enter the Factory Calendar ID (same as the Holiday Calendar) and the Factory Calendar Name.
- Enter the Holiday Calender ID.
- Click Year Overview and check for the dates.
Final Step: Transport the Calendar
- Go to SAP Calendar: Main Menu.
- Select one of the sub-objects and click Transport button .
Quick guide on how to maintain SAP calendar master.