This WIKI aims to provide comprehensive information about the SAP Console installation.
Although SAPConsole is a server component that is independent of the SAP GUI, it had been delivered together with SAP GUI up to and including Release 6.40 of SAP GUI for Windows. The reason was to guarantee the administrators a convenient distribution/installation of the software. However, SAP Console has in fact been unnecessarily installed on numerous clients and not just on a few servers.
Therefore, as of Release 7.10 of SAP GUI for Windows, the SAP Console is no longer included in the SAP GUI for Windows scope of delivery. Instead, a separate installation for the standalone SAP Console 7.10 has been developed. This software is available:
on the SAP Service Marketplace under http://service.sap.com/patches Browse our Download Catalog SAP Frontend Components SAP Console SAP Console 7.30
on the Presentation DVD
If you upgrade to SAPConsole 7.10 from older versions, there are two possible scenarios:
- You need the SAPConsole but no SAPGUI on the machine where the SAPConsole is installed. Then, SAP recommends to uninstall the old SAPGUI and to install the new standalone SAPConsole 7.30
- You also need a SAPGUI on the machine where the SAPConsole is installed. Then, you should first upgrade the SAP GUI to release 7.10 and then install the standalone SAPConsole 7.30
You need the following prerequisites to install SAPConsole: For a Telnet connection
=> Windows 2003 server (32 bit) must be installed on the computer.
=> The computer must be connected to the network.
=> Telnet software must be installed and configured on the computer.
A profile defining the host IP address of the telnet/SAPConsole server and the type of emulation that the RF device should use (such as VT-220) must be configured for each RF device.
Installing SAPConsole Locally on the Server
This section describes how you install SAP Console locally on your server.
Proceed as follows to install SAP Console locally on the server:
1. Double-click the xSAPConsole.exe file.
The initial screen appears.
2. Choose Next to proceed to the next screen.
The product selection screen appears.
3. Select SAP Console and choose Next .
The system recommends a default folder for the installation.
4. Accept the recommended folder or choose a different one.
5. Choose Next .
The SAP Console is installed. After successful installation, you get the following screen:
You have installed the SAP Console on the local machine.
- SAPConsolehelp.pdf @ https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48616