For those who are not very familiar with analyze methods and steps to perform in case of Block Corruption issues. Following the points below in the given order is advisable as this guides through and gives basic and intermediate informations. But it does not provide solution.
This document summarizes the steps for questions like 'What to do?','Which tools to use?',"How to perform the check?",etc.
Summary and general procedure of a Consistency Check / Analyze / Solution
- General Information
- Detecting Corrupted Blocks
- Consistency Check with 'ANALYZE' command
- Consistency Check with DBV
- Consistency Check with RMAN
- Consistency Check with Data Pump
- Which object is stored in the corrupted block(s)
- Checks found corrupted blocks. What to do now
SAP Note 23345 - Consistency check of ORACLE database
SAP note 365481 - Block corruptions
SAP note 1116190 - Handling of database corruptions by SAP Support