The purpose of this page is to introduce main steps and configurations needed to create inspection lots with return sales orders.
Set up 2 samples to create an inspection lot with inspection type 06 and 05 for return sales orders.
- Go to t-code MM01 and create a material with inspection type 06.
- Create an inspection plan in t-code QP01 with usage 7.
- Go to t-code VA01 to create a return sales order.
- Go to customizing t-code QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection at Shipping > Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type. Assign origin 06 to delivery type LR.
- Go to t-code VL01N to create a return delivery with reference to the return sales order.
- In the meantime, an inspection lot with inspection type 06 is created. Go to t-code QA03 to display the inspection lot.
- If you don't maintain the setting in step 4, no inspection lot is created when creating the delivery in VL02N. However, if QM is active for movement type 651 in customizing QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection for Goods Movements, inspection lot with type 06 will be created when posting GR for the delivery in VL02N.
Activate inspection type 05 in MM02
In customizing t-code QCC0 > Quality Inspection > Inspection Lot Creation > Inspection at Shipping > Assign Inspection Lot Origin to Delivery Type
>>>>> DO NOT assign the inspection type to delivery type
- In t-code VOV6: assign movement type 655 to delivery category DN (You can find the related delivery category in VA03 tab “Procurement”)
- In t-code OMJJ : check the QM is active and inspection origin is 05 for movement type 655
- VA01 : create a return sales order
- VL01N : create a return delivery
- QP01: create an inspection plan with usage 5
- VL02N : post goods issue for the return delivery.
- Inspection lot with type 05 will be created and stock is posted to QI.
Comments: Inspection type 06 is not stock-relevant. If you use this inspection type, stock is not posted to QI. The status SPRQ is missing and the tab "Inspection stock" is also missing in QA11. If you'd like to post stock to quality stock, you may consider the inspection type 05 as described above.
Discussions in SCN