SAP Engineering Control Center (ECTR) is SAP's platform for authoring tool integration such as CAD integration. It is available for SAP ECC 6.0 EHP5+ and also SAP S/4HANA.
On a high level the architecture of SAP Engineering Control Center looks like the following:
Based on SAP Engineering Control Center currently several authoring tools are directly integrated. You can find the complete list here.
SAP Engineering Control Center offers interfaces which also allow to develop further authoring tool integrations.
The so called ECTR Connector is a frontend component and sits in between the authoring tool plug-in and the SAP Engineering Control Center frontend:
Authoring tools which are integrated into SAP ECTR
- Autodesk AutoCAD (details on versions)
- Autodesk Inventor (details on versions)
- Altium Designer (details on versions)
- Cadence Allegro Design Entry Capture CIS with Cadence Allegro PCB Editor (details on versions)
- Cadence OrCAD Schematic CIS with Cadence OrCAD Editor (details on versions)
- CATIA V5 (details on versions)
- EPLAN P8 (details on versions)
- Mentor Xpedition Enterprise xDX-Designer with Mentor Xpedition Enterprise xPCB-Layout (details on versions)
- NX (details on versions)
- PTC Creo (details on versions)
- Solid Edge (details on versions)
- SOLIDWORKS (details on versions)
The roadmap for SAP Engineering Control Center can be found here. (last update August 2019)
For more details about the interface of the SAP ECTR Connector please read the API Documentation.
Additionally you can find more information about the SAP Engineering Control Center in it's official documentation