Question or Problem
When an ECTR installation is updated to 126.96.36.199, the BackendConfig contains only a configuration for an older ECTR version. (Which is ok )
If ECTR is started as admin, the DTypes are read from the installation directory and not from the BackendConfig directory! (Which is wrong )
Admins of with 188.8.131.52 and BackendConfig - feature active will use a wrong Dtype configuration until a new 184.108.40.206 configuration file is uploaded.
Causes or Possible Causes
Admin uploads false dtypes into BackendConfig which leads to faulty behavior of all installations.
Known Workarounds and Solutions
- The configuration directory should contain the previously used configuration (e.g. from ECTR_CONF_220.127.116.11 / ECTR_CONF_18.104.22.168 / ECTR_CONF_22.214.171.124 / ECTR_CONF_126.96.36.199)
- The admin must ensure that the ECNFG Dtype is set correctly in the installation directory. (check document type e.g. AUX)
- Then upload the configuration, a DIR is created for ECTR_CONF_188.8.131.52.
- The content is derived correct from the configuration directory (although the running ECTR instance has the DTypes from the installation directory)
- The ECTR_CONF_184.108.40.206 DIR is defined according to the installation directory
- Now you can work as usual with BackendConfig via the configuration directory
- How to configure the distribution of SAP ECTR configurations via SAP system