The procedure to activate the File Uploader control in PLM WebUI can be found in the SAP Note 2292433.
For S/4HANA Systems, where there is Front-End Server and Back-End Server involved, the OData service CV_ATTACHMENT_SRV must be activated in the system where PLM WebUI is used. This is because, PLM WebUI does not work with respect to the Front-End Server and Back-End server architecture. This architecture of Front-End Server and Back-End server is valid only for Fiori Apps.
The "CV_ATTACHMENT_SRV" service can be maintained and activated with the following steps. Please follow the below steps to activate:
- Open transaction /n/IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE
- Click on "Add service" button from toolbar menu.
- Enter service name as "CV_ATTACHMENT_SRV" and select the checkbox 'Co-Deployed' and click on Get services.
- Now select the entry and click "Add selected service".
- Select the local package and select the checkbox 'Enable Oauth for service' and click ok.
- This will actually create the service.
Further I would ask you to check the customizing for the used workstation application in the backend system using transaction DC30.
Here you have to maintain the mime-type or each customized workstation application. If you are trying to attach a file the attachment service is looking for a suitable workstation application by using the maintained mime-types. So please do the following in IMG settings.
Cross-Application Components->Document Management->General Data->Define Workstation Application Select PDF and update the MIME type and save it.
Further please run transaction Maintain Services (SICF) and in the menu under Start of the navigation path Service/host Next navigation step Activate End of the navigation path, activate the services under the following subtrees:
- /default host/sap/bc/ui2/nwbc/
In the Activation of ICF Services dialog box, choose Yes with the hierarchy icon to activate all child nodes under a service. Finally please ensure that note 2754727 and its manual changes are implemented in your system as well.