Introduce the batch level related issue.
Class Type 023 -> Batch at Material/Client level
Class Type 022 -> Batch at Plant level
Customizing for class type: O1CL
Transaction to check and set batch level:
OMCT and OMCE
Batch level convert from material level to plant level:
1. OMCT/OMCE -> Batch level -> Set to "Batch unique at plant level".
2. OMCT -> Check if "Batch level->conversion" is active -> if it is activated, press it to do the follow up conversion steps to finish the process, if it is grey out, go to step 3.
3. Implement the report ZCHTCUCH from SAP note 41715. <<<<<< This report is invalid on S/4 HANA system, so you can only follow standard process to convert batch level. In S/4 HANA, you can check note 2580659 - Cannot change Batch level from Material to Plant in S/4 HANA
4. Run this report in the clients for which you want to reset batch level to plant level.
5. Call transaction OMCT.
6. Check whether the batch level for "Batch unique at plant level" is set.
7. Execute the function "Batch Level -> Conversion" to do the follow up conversion steps to finish the process.
Batch level convert from plant to material:
533377 Conversion of batch level
533276 Setting batch management requirement
Errors may get:
Internal class type 023 cannot be used in class maintenance
Message no. CL089
1. OMCT/OMCE -> Batch level -> Set to "Batch unique at material level".
2. Call transaction OMCT.
3. Execute the function "Batch Level -> Conversion" to do the follow up conversion steps to finish the process, if it can't be done within this step, goto step 4.
4. Refer to note 533377 to send mail to BMTools@sap.com to get more help.
Batch level convert from client level to material level/plant level:
Similar like batch level convert from material level to plant level.
Batch level convert from material level/plant level to client level:
Similar like batch level convert from plant level to material level.
Related database table:
TCUCH Customizing: Batch Configuration
0 Batch unique at plant level
1 Batch unique at material level
2 Batch unique at client level
MCHA Batches at plant level: Master data stored in table MCHA, additional entry in MCH1 is created (in contrast to valuation types), MARC-XCHPF is set.
MCH1 Batches at material/client level: Master data stored in table MCH1 and plant-specific data in MCHA, MARA-XCHPF is set.
Notice: Even you set the batch level at material, you are still able to create the batch with a plant in MSC1N. If you create a batch without a plant, then it will only have records in MCH1, but if you create a batch with a plant, then it will also have records in MCHA as there should be some place to record the plant for the batch.