Implement own functionality to handle files in working directory (session) after check-out of originals.
The following desciption is a rough overview. ECTR performs many more actions and checks than listed below, but the given example should be sufficient to understand where and how ECTR can be extended by this service.
When opening an assembly in the respective application, ECTR performs the following steps:
- read the metadata of the document
- determine all of the components (if the document is an assembly)
- check whether all local files are up-to-date
- transfer all missing and not yet updated files from content server
- provide all files in working directory (session)
At the end of step 5 "provide all files in working directory (session)" ECTR looks up all registered implementations of the OSGi service ApplicationFileHandler and calls its methods.
filesProvided takes and logs all files related to the "open document" function - this includes both transferred files and files that already existed in the session directory and up-to-date.
Some extension examples could be:
- copying additional files from some fileshare into an additional directory
- log access
- converting some file formats to another
backing up files somewhere before they are changed by the user
Do not rename, move, or delete the master original and special files in additional directory which are used by ECTR.
ECTR relies on the following files in the additional directory:
di, plm_metainf-cad.xml, plm_metainf-sap.xml
ECTR will not function properly if these files are somehow altered or deleted by third party extensions.
Do not change timestamps of the master original and/or .di files because otherwise ECTR may recognize the master original as "locally modified" which will affect many processes in ECTR and may have unwanted consequences.
Related OSGi Services