- If DIRs are created outside of ECTR (e.g. SAP GUI, EasyDMS, PLM WebUI, ...) the additional information (DType and RES4) are missing.
- If you want to use this DIRs also in ECTR there must be a default mapping based on the Document Type of the DIR.
This is possible via configuration.
Document Type XXX in SAP-System
Creation of DIS with Document Type XXX in SAP GUI
Configuration in ECTR
Now we want to define that DIRs with Document Type XXX have to mapped to DType "WRD" in ECTR.
And also write in RES4 "WRD".
This is done via those two Preferences in default.txt (<ECTR_INSTDIR>/customize/config/):
You have to upload this settings with the function in the Admin menu! (Administrator -> SAP Engineering Control Center Systems Setup -> Upload...)
Result in ECTR
DIR in ECTR will be control as Document with DType "WRD".
The DType-Definition is required (in this example DType for WRD) - (You need a dtype.xml - file in the directory application - wrd).
Upload of Preferences to SAP is required (Administrator -> SAP Engineering Control Center Systems Setup -> Upload...).
There is also the possibility to assign the Dytype manually as shown here:
- The dtype - value is stored in the database table CDESK_DRAW in the field subtype.
- The RES4 / USERDEFINED4 - value is stored in the database table DRAW in the field res4.
- The uploaded settings are stored in table /DSCSAG/PREF
- You can use transaction SE16n to view these values for a document.
- The assignment is done in Class /DSCSAG/UTILS - method DOC_BEFORE_SAVE_INT (5.2,1.1) / DOC_BEFORE_SAVE (5.1,1.0)