On a high level the architecture of SAP Engineering Control Center looks like the following:
A performance bottleneck can exist in any of these components and in the connection between each component.
The log files of ECTR helps you to find out the component which causes the performance issue.
Known Errors and Solutions
Performance issue in Backend component
- Sizing Guide for SAP ECTR
- Is your system strong enough? ECTR is producing a high load in the backend because it can deal with thousands of objects an once. Think big!
- How to deal with performance issues on back-end side
- A bottleneck in backend is often caused by customer development. Check your BADIs / User-Exits before creating an incident!
- How to deal with performance issues on classification search
Performance issue in Frontend component
- How the local cache directory helps to improve the load performance
- The more cache ECTR can use, the better are the loading times. Use a well-equipped local workstation with a large SSD!
In case you can not find out the cause yourself in the log files (Console_....log) you can create an incident in this component:
SAP Engineering Control Center
Performance issue in the connection between Frontend and Backend
A high latency between frontend and backend can be an performance issue. But ECTR tries to improves this with caches and mass data processing in view steps.
- Switch on and use the JCO - Repository. See Operations Guide "Using the JCO Repository" for help.
Performance issue in the connection between Frontend and Authoring Tool Plug-In
- If you see e.g. "endless" calls in the applications log files (plm_connector_....log) please create an incident in the appropriate component:
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to AutoCAD
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to CATIA
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to SolidEdge
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to EPLAN
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to Inventor
License Key Request for SAP ECTR Interfaces
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to NX
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to PTC Creo
SAP Engineering Control Center interface to SolidWorks
Performance issue in the underlying SAP Backend (S/4HANA or ECC6.0)
- Use transaction ST06 to monitor your system. Transaction ST06
- Check the load average, memory, I/O, LAN.
- Use transaction ST04 to check the database.
- Check memory with transaction ST02
- Check the workload with tranaction ST03.
- See note 2388483 to reduce amount of data in backend
2388483 - How-To: Data Management for Technical Tables
Read suggested related topics:
- 2464376 - SAP ECTR Performance Check
2303714 - ECTR: What is consulting - What is support?
2903975 - ECTR: Improved: Assembly explosion - Performance of FORM replace_version_with_highes
2905816 - ECTR: Fixed: Performance issue with internal table in FM /DSCSAG/CLASS_GETCHARVAL_INT
2665012 - ECTR: Improve performance in case of a huge amount of backend preferences
2142320 - ECTR: Improve performance of /DSCSAG/DOC_GET_LATEST_STR4 at instance data reading
2097995 - ECTR: Performance improvement of /DSCSAG/FOL_FD_DOCUMENT for version information ("Ampel")
2596753 - ECTR: Improve performance of FM /DSCSAG/DOC_DEL_HARD