- Work with different versions of the same document in different projects.
- Work on different projects and avoid mixing up the files.
- Creation of different local protypes for new files.
- Assembly 1 of Project A contains a component with an older version (e.g. 00) of the document
- Assembly 2 of Project B contains a component with a new version (e.g. 05) of the same document.
Change Working directories (since 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52)
Function in ECTR
What happens when this function is executed
- SAP ECTR opens an dialog for selecting an other working directory
If no other work directory than the default directory exists, SAP ECTR opens an creation dialog
- After selecting an other work directory, SAP ECTR "asks" every active CAD-Integration if a directory change is possible.
- If the change is possible, SAP ECTR will change the work directory and report the new directory to all active CAD-Integrations.
- If the change is not possible, for example due to locked files in the active working directory, SAP ECTR will open a warning dialog with the message from the CAD Integration.
Effect of the function
- The different working directories can contain different versions of the same document (-file) without overwriting each other.
- The same CAD integration can employ different working directories.
Manage Working Directories (since 184.108.40.206 / 220.127.116.11)
The function Manage Working Directories (fnc.workdir.manage) calls this window:
The window displays the name of the working directory, the creation date and the date the working directory was last used. A check mark icon indicates an active working directory.
The column Working Directory Size displays the size of the working directory. The column Number checked-out displays the number of read-write documents. The column Number locally modified displays the number of locally modified documents in the working directory.
Disclaimer: The values of these three columns are only determined before deleting or when using the function Analyze / Analyze all.
Further functions are available in the dialog:
- Set Working Directory Active
- Add (create) Working Directory
- Rename Working Directory
- Remove Working Directory ( Note: The active working directory, or the working directory containing checked-out documents cannot be deleted.)
- Analyze Working Directory: The Analyze function collects more information for the selected working directory: Working directory size and the number of locally modified or read-write documents in the working directory.
- Analyze All Working Directories (similar to the Analyze function, but for all working directories).