In order to simplify subsequent installation of integrations and to uncouple the configuration of an installation from a SAP system, use the following guide. In this guide one master installation will be set up, in which the backendConfig add-on is deactivated. In all other forms of installation, the backendConfig add-on is activated, so the configuration changes are received via the SAP system. In this setup, changes to the configuration are made exclusively in the master installation, from where the changes are uploaded to the SAP system.
- Install SAP ECTR. Do not install the add-on "backendConfig".
- Copy the installation directory to a desired location. This copy will be your master installation. If possible, maintain the master installation in a version control system such as git or SVN. This allows you to version, keep track of and comment on changes made on the master installation. Changes can also be easily revoked.
- Customize the installation directory you just copied according to your wishes. Any changes to the SAP ECTR configuration are to be made in this installation from now on.
- Make sure of the following: In customize/config/plm_initialize.bat, make sure PLM_USE_SAPCONFIG is not set to true. This preference may activate the download of the configuration from SAP although the backendConfig add-on is not installed. Also make sure that the directory addons/backendConfig does not exist in your master installation - this is the directory of the backendConfig add-on.
- Start SAP ECTR via the master installation. Upload your configuration to SAP. In the default set up, you can upload your configuration via Administrator → System Setup → Upload Settings To SAP System. (fnc.configuration.upload)
The following steps have to be perfomed if you wish to install an integration or another add-on subsequently.
- Install your integration or add-on via the SAP Frontend Installer.
- Copy and paste your applications folder or add-on folder to the installation directory of your master installation.
- Customize your integration according to your wishes in your master installation.
- Start SAP ECTR via the master installation and upload your configuration to SAP.