You want to achieve the following workflow:
- You have a 3D model and its drawing (dependent document) as source to create a similar design.
- You copy the 3D model (save as) to start your changes in your design. You do not copy the drawing (dependent document).
- Later, you want to create a drawing for the new 3D mode "target". As you don't want to start the drawing from scratch, you want to use the drawing from source as a "template".
In you CAD system, you create a dependent document:
- You can choose the following option:
- Search for the existing "source" (template) drawing
- Your new drawing is created in CAD with the "source"-drawing as a template. You might need to refresh/regenerate the drawing/views.
Important is to use the "Select existing Drawing from SAP" in step 4.
In the dtype.xml of your application please add the following option:
<seedfile filename="please_select_from_sap.prt" type="sap" default="no" component_reference="yes" extension_filter="*.prt" dictionary_identifier="Seed_09"/>
Be aware to use the correct file extension for drawings in your CAD application: here for NX extension_filter="*.prt"