Introduce Product Assembly.
Product Assembly has a fixed hierarchical structure that contains the subordinate parts that are required to build a material.A product assembly represents non-configurable product structures and consists of:
1.Assembly Group - Contains one or more similar assemblies.Each assembly is represented by an Assembly Header.
2.Assembly Header - Represents the non-configurable material in a assembly.Each header is made of Assembly items.
3.Assembly Item - Represents the componenets of a non-configurable material of a assembly and is always assigned to an Assembly Header.
- Product assemblies represent non-configurable product structures.Withthe clear separation of configurable and non-configurable products a continuous and flexible modeling is given with a better possibility of reusing assembly structures for different products.
- Assemblies also represent single-level BOM structures. Although, it is possible to create multilevel structures you have to be aware that these structures can be built one level at a time.
- Assembly structures often change throughout engineering phases. So a modeling is possible at an early phase of product life-cycle without having to maintain material masters. These can be linked to assembly items in final stages.
- You can also simulate a product assembly with parameter values, but you can not display configuration data. Note that no object dependencies are available for assemblies.
- Moreover, you can create product assemblies as simple or variant assemblies and use them as phantoms, too. Multiple assemblies with assembly alternatives are not supported.