This document describes the functionality of SAP ECTR Connector (API to integrate authoring systems).
It enables an external application to call up SAP functions such as "check in," "check out " etc. These are implemented using processes in ECTR, which are partially interactive, that is, require user input.
The most important ECTR processes are available as fully encapsulated methods with this version of the API. Hence, they can be used without any knowledge of the underlying XML communication.
Each application that is connected to ECTR has an application type, which corresponds to the name of the directory of this application in ECTR in the applications directory (for NX e.g. UGS). It is required for ECTR to be able to distinguish the communication between different applications.
For an as yet not defined application that is supposed to support this API, you need to define a separate abbreviation and create the Customizing in ECTR accordingly (generate application directory, generate license key). This document uses [PRIAPPLTYPE] as the placeholder for that.
Document types UGM or UGD, which are frequently used in the examples, refer to Siemens NX. They are configuration-dependent and must be set up in the SAP system you are using. This also includes the UGI workstation application.
The API should not be used directly if an integration already exists for the application.
Please contact the provider for more information.
Install / Update
Details see here:
How to install / update the Toolkit
The detailed API documentation is available as Javadoc in the SAP ECTR Installation directory:
Implementation examples - How to`s
- How to Checkout documents with ECTR-Connector
- How to create master documents with ECTR-Connector
- How to create materials with ECTR-Connector
- How to create new documents with ECTR-Connector
- How to create variants with ECTR-Connector
- How to load seedfiles with ECTR-Connector
- How to maintain BOM with ECTR-Connector
- How to react to connect or connectonly commands from ECTR
- How to save documents with ECTR-Connector
- How to show ECTR UI with ECTR-Connector
- How to show generic PLM object in Application Structure View Window
- How to use the ECTR-Connector to make RFC call to backend
- How to use the ECTR-Connector to provide files of existing documents
- How to use the ECTR-Connector with VB.NET - Sample code
- SAP ECTR Application Structure - Handle Drag-And-Drop Events