Learn the process of setting up the batch determination in inventory management.
Set up a sample of batch determination in Inventory Management.
- Batch management materials need to be created, the materials can be created with FERT (finished goods), HALB(semi-finished goods), ROH(raw masterials). Purchasing view and General Plant Data / Storage view should be maintained for the materials.
- As an option, the Stock determination can be set up for the materials with the following process:
Set up the stock determination customizing under:
Transaction OLMB -> Stock Determination -> Define Strategies for Stock Determination (Strategy is set up here.)
Assign Stock Determination Rule in the Applications
Inventory Management (Rule is assigned here)
Assign the "Stock determ.group" in material master "Plant data/stor.2" view.
- Several batches are created and classified for the materials.
- Goods receipt has been done to the batches to make sure they have stock to do batch determination.
- Selection Class is created in CL01. The characteristics in the selection class should be part of the batch class in the material master, but some of the standard characteristics may not need to be entered in the batch class but only need to be entered in the selection class. For example, LOBM_RLZ and LOBM_LFDAT.
- Sorting Rule is created in CU70. The characteristics in the sort rule should be part of the batch class in the material master, but some of the standard characteristics may not need to be entered in the batch class but only in the sort rule. For example, LOBM_MENGE and LOBM_LGORT.
- Batch Search Strategy setup in MBC1.
Batch search strategy customizing in OCHA.
Maintain basic data for the strategy.
Assign the selection class that is created before and maintain the selection criteria in the selection class.
Assign the sort rule that is created before.
Batch Search Procedure is assigned to the corresponding movement type in OCHA customizing.
- Test in MIGO for goods issue or stock transfer posting.
- If the stock determination is used, then before you come to the batch determination screen, you will first get the stock determination screen.