Learn the process of setting up the batch determination in sales and distribution scenario.
Set up a sample of batch determination in Sales and Distribution.
- A Batch Managed Material must be created with Sales view maintained in material master.
- Several batches are created and classified.
- Goods receipt has been posted to the batch to make sure there are stocks.
- Selection Class is created in CL01. The characteristics in the selection class should be part of the batch class in the material master, but some of the standard characteristics may not need to be entered in the batch class but only need to be entered in the selection class. For example, LOBM_RLZ and LOBM_LFDAT.
- Sorting Rule is created in CU70. The characteristics in the sort rule should be part of the batch class in the material master, but some of the standard characteristics may not need to be entered in the batch class but only in the sort rule. For example, LOBM_MENGE and LOBM_LGORT.
- Batch Search Strategy setup in VCH1.
Batch search strategy customizing in OCHA.
Create batch search strategy for proper combination.
Setup the basic information for the strategy.
Maintain the selection criteria by using the selection class created before.
Add the sort rule that is created before.
- Batch Search Procedure is assigned to the corresponding sales area and document type in OCHA customizing.
- Test in Sales Order in VA01.
If you have more than one characteristic in sort rule, then it will first follow the first characteristic then if there are same value for the first characteristic, it will sort them follow the second characteristic and so on.
In sales order, no matter what you have defined of the batch split in the batch search strategy, there will be only ONE split of batch record.
- Test in outbound delivery in VL01N.
If the batch determination should be carried out automatically is defined in customizing OCHA for the specific item category.
Batch determination result can be checked in the item detail batch split tab.
The batch determination can be manually carried out again to check the details.
Related SAP Notes/KBAs