Direct Store Delivery for Retail
Direct Store Delivery (DSD) for Retail is a business process to sell and distribute goods via distributors directly to the retailer's store, typically bypassing the retailer's warehouses. The manufacturer determines the regional coverage responsibilities of the concerned distributors, the direct business relationships exist between the retailer and the distributors which act as vendors. Frequently, the regional delivery responsibilities of a distributor are subject to change. These changes force the retailer to change the business relationship to a given distributor.
The Retail DSD Master Data Workbench offers a mass maintenance functionality for the category manager to maintain supply relationships and pricing conditions for the DSD articles on store level.
Note: For brevity, the SAP Service Marketplace will be referred to SMP. Special login details are required to access documents on SMP.
Getting Started with Direct Store Delivery
SAP Help Portal Documentation
- DSD Master Data Workbench documentation specific to SAP ERP 6.0 Enhancement Package 4
- New busines functions provided with SAP EhP 4 for SAP ERP 6.0
Online Knowledge Products
- Retail-specific OKP material for SAP EhP 1-3 for SAP ERP 6.0 only on SAP Service Marketplace → SAP ERP 6.0 for Industries → Trading: Retail → Item Management (SMP credentials required).
- Presentation on Master Data Workbench for Direct Store Delivery (SAP EhP 4 for SAP ERP only, SMP credentials required)
Online Knowledge Products - Tutorials
Note: The following OKP materials are only valid for SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. They are located on SMP (special credentials required).
- Retail DSD Master Data Workbench - Selection of vendors, stores, articles and their supply relationships (SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP Only)
- Maintenance of Supply Relationships - Tutorial on maintaining supply relationships.
- Maintenance of Store Specific Purchase and Sales Prices - Tutorial on maintaining store-specific purchase and sales prices.
Release Notes (SMP credentials required) for SAP Retail with SAP enhancement package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. On page 15, the Business Function Retail, Direct Store Delivery is described.
Maintenance and Availability
Maintenance and Availability (SMP credentials required) - The new DSD Master Data Workbench is available with SAP Enhancement Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0. Some additional features have been added with SAP Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0. Additional SAP notes can be found using the application area IS-R-BD-DSD (DSD Master Data Workbench).
Note 1320529 (DSD: Functional enhancement of DSD Master Data Workbench) contains instructions on how to achieve the required changes on project basis for downport of additional features that have been realized in SAP Enhancement Package 5 for SAP ERP 6.0.
- Check out the documentation about Direct Store Delivery from the perspective of the distributor – Direct Store Delivery.