SAP for Retail Community Page – Perishables Planning and Procurement Process Overview
Articles with short shelf-life, very often in connection to special handling equirements (e.g. cooling) are called perishable articles. Example - Fruits, Vegetables, Seafoods.
- Quality and Appearance are determining sales factors !!!
- Short time period between harvest and selling requires optimized logistics processes .
- Fluctuating procurement data, e.g. required amount, price, delivery quantity, need a highly
- flexible procurement process.
- Procurement with several vendors.
- Article Master Data- Perishable article as generic article with variant
- Article type "FRIP"
- Assortment list type"6"
- Site Master Data-Assortment list profile with perishables
- Vendor Master data-partner function PE