SAP Point of Sale
SAP POS, a, client/server point-of-sale (POS) solution, has long defined the standard of excellence in the POS industry. SAP POS meets the needs of a wide variety of retailers. Retail Customers include department, c-store, liquor, gas, specialty, apparel, big box, and a number of other retail verticals. Additionally, the solution is offered with powerful back-office applications, for in-depth, store-level management and reporting. SAP POS consists of a store server with cash register terminals or other devices,
With SAP POS, you can benefit from:
- Unmatched flexibility - Retailers can quickly and easily configure SAP POS, thanks to an easy-to-use configuration tool and business rules engine, which contains more than a half million options.
- SAP POS can easily be modified without custom programming, it easily adapts to retailers' changing needs and provides a low TCO.
- Versatile deployment - SAP POS is available for deployment at the register, in kiosks, through e-commerce and, importantly, through mobile devices.
Getting Started with SAP POS
- SAP POS solution brief: SAP POS provides general merchandise and multi-format retailers with a configurable and easy-to-use point-of-sale (POS) software system. Read this solution brief to get a first impression.
- Point-of-Sale in the Solution Map for Retail (Retail -> Shopper Experience -> Point-of-Sale)
- SAP POS Solution Overview : Provides an overview of the SAP POS Solution Suite including high-level functionality, architectural design and solution components
SAP POS - Features, Capabilities and Best Practices
Run SAP for Retail - Best Practices for Solution Operation Operations
- Manage Operations for SAP POS (SMP credentials required) - Helps you to set up a business process monitoring concept and to manage your solution operations.
- Manage Opertaions for SAP for Retail: POS Inbound (SMP credentials required) - This Best Practice helps you set up a Business Process Monitoring concept for your POS Inbound processes.
- Manage Operations for SAP POS Download (SMP credentials required) - This Best Practice helps you to set up a Business Process Monitoring and error handling concept for your SAP Retail POS Download Process.
SAP Best Practices for Retail - SAP POS related end-to-end scenarios
SAP Best Practices offerings include accelerators for key industry and cross-industry processes to get a system up and running quickly. This includes Pre-configuration, documentation, sample master data, activation methodology and tools.
SAP Best Practices can be used for prototyping / proof of concept, for a quick setup of a reference system for blueprinting and solution scope definition, and as a starting point for an implementation.
The extensive documentation is also very valuable for self-study and project team training.
The following SAP POS-related end-to-end scenarios are available as SAP Best Practices for Retail (under Business Information -> Preconfigured Scenarios -> Store & MultiChannel):
- SAP POS Connectivity: ERP Outbound
- SAP POS Features and ERP Inbound
- Customer Order Management at POS
Selected Articles & Blogs
- SAP POS Sizing: (SMP credentials required) In this questionaire for SAP POS you can describe your situation (how many stores, total number of registers, number of PLU's etc.), send the document back to email@example.com, who will calculate the result and send the answer back to you.
- SAP POS - How To Set Up The POS Touch Screen - This article provides information on the steps involved in setting up a POS Touch Screen. The document assumes that the SAP POS components Store Configurator, Xpress Server and Point of Sale are installed and running.