SAP for Retail solutions help retailers get the right inventory to the right place, and react faster to market changes.
SAP for Retail enables you to optimize the key activities involved in supply chain management, including:
- Sourcing and buying - With SAP solutions, sourcing and buying processes are managed efficiently and profitably across multiple channels by leveraging shopper and product sourcing information. Retailers can select appropriate sourcing locations to fulfill orders most efficiently and cost effectively. Inventory performance can be improved through flexible fulfillment and "available-to-promise" methods.
- Supply chain planning - SAP for Retail enables consensus planning across all business units, allowing retailers to align strategic, tactical, and operational plans. One set of master data financial plans to supply chain plans, helping to control expenditures and coordinate strategies. With powerful planning, reporting, and analytical functionality, retailers can better understand shoppers and future demand.
- Inventory management - With SAP solutions, you can maintain accurate inventory information to support a range of processes, such as inventory accounnting, replenishment, and allocation. You can leverage new technologies such as radio frequency identification (RFID) and wireless applications to improve accuracy and reduce operating costs.
- Supply chain execution - SAP for Retail provides a single view of stock across all channels, enabling retailers to reduce safety stocks and increase service levels to all locations. The distribution of stock is effectively managed by warehouse management software designed for fast flow-though, and transportation management software that helps to build optimal loads and routes for all modes of transportation.
- Supply chain visibility and tracking - SAP for Retail maximizes supply-chain-wide inventory management, with support for real-time inventory control, valuation, and shrink-management processes, as well as sophisticated analytics. Retailers can manage inventory levels across the entire company in real ime to maintain low inventory levels wile avoiding stock-out situations.
Read on about:
- SAP Merchandising for Retail: SAP Merchandising for Retail is a real-time integrated solution for merchandise management that enables head office, stores as well as trading partners access to information and transactions that support best practice business processes across the entire retail merchandise lifecycle and as such of course also for supply chain functionality. It is based on SAP ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning).
- SAP Forecasting and Replenishment (F&R) and SAP Replenishment Planning: SAP Forecasting & Replenishment for Retail (SAP F&R) is a key solution which drives efficient inventories in stores and DC of retailers. SAP F&R allows planning and executing inventory strategies on a global basis.
- SAP Extended Warehouse Management for Retail: It is based on SAP SCM (Supply Chain Management). SAP SCM EWM offers increased flexibility and capabilities bexond ERP warehouse management functionality. Typically SCM is tailored to organizations with high SKU and line item volumes, very fast moving products, complex cross-docking or picking requirements, detailed packaging and shipping processes, and third party logistics services (3PL) on either the Inbound or Outbound side, or both.