This purpose for this page is help with resolving SLT related queries.
How To Create A Configuration
- Which version of DMIS is being used on the Source & SLT system?
- Here is a list of correction that has been released by SLT Development team.
- It is recommended to install all correction on the Source & SLT system prior to raising incidents.
How To Improve LOAD
How to Load INDX tables into HANA using SLT (STXL & PCL2)
Performance Optimization Guide (2011 SP9)
Source tables have little activity or changes on them but their are frequent calls to the source system:
If SLT is using real-time replication then it is continuously checking the logging tables for new records. There are 2 ways the customer can reduce number of calls to the source:
Change from real-time replication to Interval. This setting can be found in the LTR settings, where customer can specify in minutes, hours, day, the frequency to check the logging tables. Perhaps once per minute is enough. Only issue with this is latency will increase, having up to a minute of latency in the time the record appears in Hana target.
Change the logging table check behavior. In LTRC-> Utilities-> Specify Option for Logging Tables, there are 2 options. The alternate option of “Only Process Logging Tables with Records” will avoid querying the logging tables when they are empty. This could be a good option as the customer’s configuration have very little activity as there is no need to continuously poll the empty logging tables
- Log into SLT system
- Go into transaction LTRC
- Enter in your MT_ID click Execute
- Click on the Application Log Tab
- Filter on MT_ID & Table Name for error’s
Check both of these location on the Source & SLT system
- Check SM21 logs
- Check ST22 logs
- Check WP logs in SM50
Validate Record Counts
Source R/3 System
- Log into R/3 system
- Go to Transaction SE16
- Put in table name and click execute
- Click on Number of Entries
- Log into HANA Studio
- Navigate to the Table in HANA
- Right click on table and click Open Definition
- Click on the Runtime Information
- In the General section | Number of Entries
If you see any differences between the two systems just make sure there are no records in the logging table for the table in question.
There are also alternative ways to check and compare data sources on the:
Please review section 5 of the SLT Operation Guide.
SLT Landing Page
What's New in SAP HANA Real-Time Replication (Release Notes)
SAP HANA Installation Guide – Trigger-Based Replication (SLT)
SAP HANA Security Guide - Trigger-Based Replication (SLT)
Application Operations Guide – Trigger-Based Data Replication Using SAP LT Replication Server for SAP HANA
SLT Sizing Guide
Related SAP Notes/KBAs