By: Dan Kearnan, Sr. Marketing Director to Cloud Solutions
As 2017 kicks into high gear, I want to focus attention on the SAP Cloud Platform, formerly known as SAP HANA Cloud Platform, which was officially rebranded last month at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Having HANA in the platform offering’s name posited a necessity to run the SAP HANA database service when adopting the SAP Cloud Platform which is not the case. Although SAP HANA can be leveraged when using the SAP Cloud Platform, it is by no means the only service that companies adopt when deploying this SAP PaaS offering. So to avoid any confusion going forward, SAP decided to remove the HANA name from the SAP Cloud Platform. The platform’s emphasis is as an enterprise cloud platform that covers for a wide range of use cases to help organizations navigate their digital transformation journey.
The SAP Cloud Platform – originally introduced 3 years ago – has evolved to become the digital enterprise platform of choice for thousands of companies thanks to its breadth of capabilities that connect smart devices and machines with people and processes.
As a refresher to our readers, the SAP Cloud Platform is an open PaaS that provides an in-memory database and services for creating and customizing enterprise applications on-premises or on the cloud. Using the SAP Cloud Platform, users can quickly build, extend and integrate modern, mobile-enabled apps new applications to meet critical business needs.
To help our customers and folks new to SAP better understand how, why, and when to adopt the SAP Cloud Platform, we are launching a 20-part blog series that will continue through the remainder of 2017.
This post officially kicks off the new blog series. While each post in the series will be self-contained and easily read individually, following the series one post at a time offers a consistent learning path to better understand the powerful and innovative capabilities of the SAP Cloud Platform. Topics covered will include the role of the SAP Cloud Platform in your digital transformation journey, IoT use cases, Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), HR initiatives, and much more. Each post will also contain a ‘Did You Know’ section to provide interesting tidbits of information about the SAP Cloud Platform.
Stay tuned for the next blog focusing on the role the SAP Cloud Platform plays in your journey to digital transformation. Watch this page to be updated on when new blogs are published.
- March 29, 2017: Being Digital – How SAP Cloud Platform Takes You There– Pankaj Kumar
- April 14, 2017: The People and SAP Cloud Platform - Pankaj Kumar
- April 27, 2017: A Preview of SAP Cloud Platform IoT– Wei-Wei Lin
- May 1, 2017: SAP Cloud Platform Coming to SAPPHIRE NOW 2017! - Dan Kearnan
- May 2, 2017: Integrate Your Applications with SAP Cloud Platform Integration - Sindhu Gangadharan
- May 4, 2017: APIs and the role of SAP CP in this new API Economy -Elijah Martinez
- May 13, 2017: The Fascinating World of IoT - Sindhu Gangadharan
- May 30, 2017: The Power and Monetization of Microservices - Nicholas Milani
- June 8, 2017: Extend Your Intranet and Collaboration Solutions with SAP Jam and SAP Cloud Platform - Roger Noia
- June 28, 2017: Engaging Digital Experiences: The Key To App Adoption - Eric Solberg
- July 11, 2017: What does SAP CP Cloud Foundry mean for partners? - Marc Geall
- July 24, 2017: The Importance of the SAP Cloud Platform Partner Ecosystem - Marc Geall
- July 27, 2017: Discover the SAP Cloud Platform! – Join us for our upcoming SAP Cloud Platform ‘Discover’ Webinar Series - Dan Kearnan
- August 4, 2017: SAP Cloud Platform Security: Safeguarding Your Business - Xiaosheng (Edward) Lu
- August 23, 2017: Why PaaS Matters to the Evolution of HR - Melissa Corfield
- September 13, 2017: Why Every Business Should Care about Machine Learning - Margaret Laffan
- September 22, 2017: Machine Learning Foundation: An Architectural Overview - Frederic Koppenberg
- September 22, 2017: Cloudy with a Chance of Robots: SAP Cloud Platform at 2017 SAP TechEd Las Vegas - Mariah Perry
- October 17, 2017: What Happens in Vegas Doesn’t Always Stay in Vegas – Catch Replays from SAP Cloud Platform at TechEd! - Mariah Perry
- November 1, 2017: Epicenter of Innovation: SAP Cloud Platform at TechEd Barcelona 2017 - Mariah Perry
- November 1, 2017: Delivering a seamless digital experiences fit for the future - Ashruti Singh