It seems that you had a problem while trying to get and setup the tools.
We are sorry for that but maybe there is already a solution for your problem.
Where to start
- SAP HANA Cloud Platform Tools
- Other tools: installation instructions are linked on https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/ (see tool specific tab)
- Direct link to the Tools Update Site: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/
FAQ #2: When I try to install SAP Development Tools in Eclipse, I get an error message that Eclipse cannot connect with the update site https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon or https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars.
Typical error messages are:
- No repository found at https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon
- Could not find tools.hana.ondemand.com
- Unable to connect to repository at https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon/content.xml
Probably, you did not configure the proxy correctly in Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections so that Eclipse can not reach https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon. The correct proxy configuration depends on your IT infrastructure. The following 3 typical configurations have been reported as working in the support forum:
- You can connect directly to the internet, i.e. don't need any proxy.
Please configure 'Direct' as Active Provider.
- You connect to the internet via http proxy.
Please configure 'Manual' as Active Provider and configure the proxy entries for the protocols HTTP and HTTPS. Do not configure anything for SOCKS.
- You connect to the internet via SOCKS proxy.
Please configure 'Manual' as Active Provider and configure the proxy entry for the protocol SOCKS.
To find the right setup, you could check the proxy settings in your browser.
After fixing the proxy configuration, please go to Windows > Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites, select the software site "SAP Development Tools for Eclipse Mars" and press 'Reload' to verify that the connection works now. Repeat the check for software site 'Mars' (https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon).
- On Windows, users experienced problems with the 'Native' proxy provider. Therefore, we recommend to use the 'manual' proxy provider and to configure the proxy settings manually.
- On the update site, there is no file 'https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon/content.xml' (even though Eclipse complains about it in the error message). If you want to test that you can download a file via browser, please test with https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon/content.jar
- Please also test if you can install from the eclipse.org update site (http://download.eclipse.org/releases/mars or http://download.eclipse.org/releases/neon). If not, please check the proxy settings again.
- In case your connection to the update site is very slow, you may run into timeouts (check the error message details). The following article helps to workaround the timeouts:
If this does not solve your problems then please request support in the SAP HANA Cloud Platform Community .
FAQ #4: Installation fails with message 'Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found'.
Please ensure that the 'Contact all update sites during install to find required software' check box is selected in the installation wizard. See also http://scn.sap.com/thread/3199711.
Please also double check that the software site "SAP Development Tools for Eclipse" matches your Eclipse installation version (Mars, Luna):
- for Eclipse Mars (4.5) you have to use: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars
- for Eclipse Neon (4.6) you have to use: https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon
FAQ #6: Installation of tools starts but then suddenly hangs
Users have reported freezes during installations caused by anti-virus programs, e.g. Eclipse freeze when installing SAP HANA Tools
FAQ #7: Eclipse hangs and crashes or even doesn't start at all
Probably you are running Eclipse with SAP JVM and forgot to add SAP JVM specific PermGen size configuration in eclipse.ini (-XX:MaxPermSize=256m, under vmargs), see https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?76137f42711e1014839a8273b0e91070.html for details.
In case you have SAP JVM and Oracle JVM installed on your machine, Eclipse picks up one JVM and it is not clear which unless you configure the JVM explicitly in eclipse.ini (note: 2 lines in eclipse.ini):
<path to JVM>
FAQ #8: Which Java version is recommended for running Eclipse?
All SAP Development Tools support at least the following Java versions:
- Eclipse Mars (4.5): Java 7 (most tools support Java 8 as well)
- Eclipse Neon (4.6): Java 8
Some SAP Development Tools may support additional Java versions, see the tool specific documentation onhttps://tools.hana.ondemand.com/. General information about the recommended Java versions for Eclipse is available in the readme/readme_eclipse.html file of your Eclipse installation (online version: Eclipse Project Release Notes 4.6 (Neon)).
See FAQ #7 how to specify explicitly the Java version used by Eclipse.
FAQ #9: Installation fails with certificate error
The installation fails with a similar error message as in FAQ #2 (Unable to read repository ...). However, the detail message points to a certificate error like "SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find a valid certification path".
This error message means that the JVM running Eclipse could not validate the certificate of https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/.
Typical reasons are:
- Outdated Java VM. Please install the latest Java VM patch level. See FAQ #8 for the recommended Java version.
- Although an up-to-date Java version is installed, Eclipse runs with an older version (which is also available on your PC). Check the Java version in "Help > About Eclipse > Installation Details > Configuration", search for java.runtime.version to see which Java version is actually used. Property eclipse.vm points to the Java binary that is used to run Eclipse. See FAQ #7 how to specify explicitly the Java version used by Eclipse.
- Users reported issues with corporate proxies that required a special configuration. See e.g. here. Please check that you can access https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/ without certificate issue in a browser using the same proxy that you have configured in Eclipse.
- Check the certificate path of https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/ in your browser. It is supposed to be: Baltimore CyberTrust Root > Verizon Akamai SureServer CA G14-SHA1 > *.hana.ondemand.com. If it is different, especially if your company name shows up in the chain, then your proxy seems to interfere the SLL communication. You might be able to fix this problem by importing your companies SSL certificate into the JVM that you use for running Eclipse. See this thread for more information.
FAQ #10: Java Web runtime update fails
When you try to update the Java Web runtime with SDK version neo-java-web-sdk-1.71.0 or older, your Eclipse throws the following error message:
!ENTRY com.sap.core.tools.eclipse.server.version 4 0 2016-12-29 14:36:48.077
!MESSAGE Failed to install runtime, check logs for more information.
To fix this, delete the current runtime configuration and create it from scratch as described here: https://help.hana.ondemand.com/help/frameset.htm?7613f000711e1014839a8273b0e91070.html.
Use the most recent version of the neo-java-web-sdk-1.* SDK from the SAP Development Tools page (https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/.
There are currently no known issues.