Important Announcement - New
With SAP® IT Infrastructure Management software, you can get more from the SAP Solution Manager application management solution – and your entire IT landscape. The solution discovers all network assets, continuously monitors asset data, and lets you drive an integrated infrastructure and application lifecycle process. You can quickly identify and address root causes of incidents, assess and minimize the business impacts of planned downtime, and improve service levels.
SAP IT Infrastructure Management Provides the Foundation for Running IT Like a Business
- Holistic ALM and IT infrastructure management on SAP Solution Manager for SAP Enterprise Support customers
- Intelligent and automatic discovery to detect dependencies and simplify management of heterogeneous technical infrastructures
- Scalable expansion of SAP Solution Manager usage to proactive infrastructure monitoring and alerting for the entire IT infrastructure
- ITIL-compliant SAP Solution Manager processes with full access to a proven Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Faster value generation from IT to business ensures business continuity through precise business impact analysis
The SAP IT Infrastructure Management itself consists of three main functional areas. There is the control center part, which delivers the GUI, the visualization of the network topology, all the pre-defined dashboards and reports, and the alerting into the solution manager. The CMDB contains all device data like managed objects, installed software, the errors of network adapters, utilization of managed objects, the dependencies between devices, historical and performance data and the information that is necessary for the integrations into Solution Managers LMDB and ibase. The Infrastructure Manager is providing the whole network management, the discovery functionality, the scan and collection of inventory data, the scan for the topologies and dependencies, all monitoring and performance evaluation and the provisioning service for network devices. All this functionality is available for this whole range of IT component as you see at the bottom of the slide.
Infrastrukturmanagement und Application Lifecycle Management vereinen (Solution brief German) <- BROKEN!
Unify Infrastructure and Application Lifecycle Management (Solution brief English) <- BROKEN!
SAP IT Infrastructure Management at Kaeser (sap.info article)